Changing Track Colour?

Posted by JackieStewart 
Changing Track Colour?
Date: June 03, 2003 09:56AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
I'm using Ricardo's Tracks. I like to use Bump Mapping especially as I "race" in a low nose-cam view which unfortunately, means a pretty light and (too) reflective surface colour.
I've downloaded a couple of "Track Texture" files but they only work if you "turn bump mapping off" so, I want to avoid doing that.
Is there any files you can recommend that change track colour (I'd like it a wee bit darker) but let me use Bump Mapping?
Any help appreciated.
Jackie.

....................I quite like this now.
Re: Changing Track Colour?
Date: June 03, 2003 10:09AM
Posted by: Chunter
nah i don't belive there is mate...its about the only thing left that no ones sussed out yet..apart from a steering wheel editor which i'd make if i knew how
Date: June 03, 2003 10:15AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Hi Chunter, cheers mate, I thought so myself but thought I'd ask anyway.
Crazy bloody game.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: June 03, 2003 12:25PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
There are files that change the bump-map colour. They're in with the normal track textures.

Also, someone has made files for the bump-map textures for each track, and they're on this site :)

Date: June 03, 2003 12:33PM
Well, if they are for BM, the textures don't say that on the description on the site!

But the file is in the track wad. At Austria for example, it is file no. 548. It's called tarmacbumpmap.tga rather than tarmacmap.tex.

In theory, you could convert the normal tarmac textures to .tga format; re-name it and it should work. But I've definately downloaded specific files (but I've lost them in my W98 re-install)!

Hope I helped

Date: June 03, 2003 12:54PM
Posted by: kit-kat
does anyone have this problem with track colour?

when i select bump map on the track goes to a dark grey looks good but in the wing mirrors it's till light grey? anyone know why?

i am sure my system can cope with the bump map on

win 2000, amd19+, tornado gf4 440mx se 128mb, 768mb ddr 333hrz(pc 2700),audigy soundcard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!
Date: June 03, 2003 12:58PM
Posted by: b-tone
whats bump mapping?

____
Tony

Date: June 03, 2003 01:07PM
That's not a problem, it's just the mirrors not having the correct settings on. You need to edit the graphics config file.

Date: June 03, 2003 01:09PM
go alesi

edit graphics config file?
how do i do that & what do i do

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 03, 2003 02:17PM
Don't know!! I have the same problem but I don't care.

I'm not so sure you can now actually. If you look at the back of the box, it looks like the same thing has happened!

Sorry

Date: June 03, 2003 04:11PM
cheers thanks anyway

Date: June 04, 2003 02:25PM
Posted by: Caelen
i think youll find that changeing the bumpmap.tga will not effect the colour of the track but only th pattern of the bumps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy