Driving style?

Posted by kappie 
Driving style?
Date: June 03, 2003 01:51AM
Posted by: kappie
From most of the setups I've downloaded, it appears most people don't seem to carry their braking into the turn very far .... I lose the rear on most corners with my style. Do you guys really hate understeer setups that much?
Re: Driving style?
Date: June 03, 2003 02:13AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
me hate understeer! ;)
it's pretty frustrating when you can't really turn into a corner...
i'd prefer 'drifting' setups! =P
far more exciting, challenges us to handle the car nicely and make sure it stays on the track and don't spin

Date: June 03, 2003 02:39AM
Posted by: andrew_S
your not meant to carry braking into a corner, thats why you are having a problem ;)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: June 03, 2003 03:22AM
Posted by: Pooky
i am a trail braker.

and andrews, in the rule book etc. it says you should also brake in a straight line,

but in reality you do brake into corners.

i always brake upto the apex. often use the brakes as well as the throttle at same time.

did anyone remember hearing what brundle said about ralf schumacher and how he has brake problems because he uses them at the same time as thottle in race?? he said it during qualy.

well my style is the same.

Date: June 03, 2003 04:20AM
Posted by: sasjag
if it ain't tail happy, it ain't fast :)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 03, 2003 05:09AM
Posted by: kappie
powerhorse,

I brake/accelerate at the same time too. I find it's the best way to control where the front end is going. I don't think I'm back on the throttle til I'm 2/3 of the way thru the turn. Seems to work where passing is concerned, the AI cars are way over on the outside, I barge down the inside and neatly block their line coming out.... will they never learn :)
Date: June 03, 2003 05:13AM
Posted by: senninho
i seem to agree with most people here - i find a car is at it's best when i can brake all the way into the corner - a little oversteer makes it more interesting.

Interestingly, i did a Racing Scholarship in 2001, and the instructor said my driving style reminds him of one certain Mr Senna against whom he raced in FFord in 1981...

That certainly boosted my ego! :D

But then again, having the same style does not necessary mean the same speed... oh well, i can dream...

Date: June 03, 2003 08:15AM
Posted by: Pooky
wicked senniho!!!!!

one thing i hate is slow speed understeer. you know, you approach the corner - evrythings nicely balanced, you turn in and the car goes where you want, but as you get to the apex you understeer and have to wait ages before you can nail the throttle.

i just like a neutrally balanced car.

before i do a 100% race, i try to set the car up as neutrally as possible.

if i am going o a track with high speed high entry corners i dial in a small amount of understeer as it is easier to control and be consistent,

but if i am going to a track with slow corners i dial in a bit of oversteer.

but there is no question about it oversteer is faster.

Date: June 03, 2003 12:14PM
Posted by: Bodeus
I like agressive driving style when car is in balance and I can brake as near the corner as possbile and put maximum throttle as soon as possible thats nice and fast
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy