help - with moving steering wheel

Posted by Caelen 
help - with moving steering wheel
Date: May 31, 2003 02:43AM
Posted by: Caelen
ive been modifing cockpits and ive lowered the cockpit shape in relation to the wheels, after looking at some real cockpit pictures iv decided that a lot more of the tyre should be visible from the cockpit.
I can lower the cockpit, the dashboard and the wheel and everthing looks great, except the bloody steering wheel doesnt rotate around its centre any more. ie i lowered the steering wheel but the point of rotation hasnt moved with it. does anyone know how to do this ? is a z-modeler setting of does it involve something in the .exe like tyre, helmet positions etc .
thanks for any info.
Re: help - with moving steering wheel
Date: May 31, 2003 04:50PM
Posted by: Vader
Do you really think you will get more answers if you post the same qeustion twice? ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 31, 2003 05:16PM
Posted by: Caelen
ssoorryy bbuutt mmyy kkeeyybbooaarrddss ppllaayyiinngg uupp

Post Edited (06-01-03 00:54)
Date: May 31, 2003 05:56PM
Posted by: sasjag
holy crap i'm confused :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 02, 2003 04:08AM
Posted by: Ellis
I was looking into cockpit modding a few nights ago and found lots of problems with it.

there is two files - dashboard layout, and wheel layout

The wheel layout file does not open correctly - but more about that later.

The dashboard layout can be modded easily, open in ZM, move the objects, export.

The wheel layout is a pain in the arse. We can not open the file, but u can use the dashboard file to replace it. Open your dashboard file and export it over the locked file. BUT if you do that, the dashboard objects start turning with the wheel. :| So before you export over the wheel, get rid of all the objects u dont want to turn, and leave the ones u do.

That way you can lower the wheel.....but we still have a problem. If u lower it, ur wheel will turn, but it will no longer be centered....the axis it rotates around i thnk might be the Z-axis in ZM, but the rotation point stays the same and it looks VERY stupid :|

Have a go yourself and see what you get

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy