New Williams w.i.p.

Posted by _Erix_ 
Re: New Williams w.i.p.
Date: June 23, 2003 02:03PM
Posted by: _Erix_
It will be here too, as soon as I can login at the members area...
About the frontwing:
The FW25 just has a high frontwing, I can't help it.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: June 23, 2003 10:59PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

lol go complain to williams erik :)

Date: June 24, 2003 12:18AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

they are some very interesting templates you have there erik!

Date: June 24, 2003 01:08AM
I'll send Frank Williams a complaint

I've just uploaded the car to grandprixgamers so please be patient :)

Date: June 24, 2003 12:01PM
Posted by: fongu
What's new in v1.1, cant read dutch something about alphas??
Date: June 24, 2003 12:27PM
Posted by: F1Master
I think on the whole this car is better than Vipers. Its more upto date obviously as Vipers was done some months ago but the overall shape is more accurate on this one. The textures on Vipers do seem to be clearer, more clarity in them (less blurry) though.

One thing I would say is that the rear wing looks a little short in height. Its not set too low, its just seems like it should be a few inches taller as the upper elements seem too close to the gearbox area.

The front wing looks very nice although as others have said, it does look slightly too high although that may be the Viper affect. His looks slightly too low to the ground and using that for months gets you used to seeing that and when you change car everything looks odd - even if it isn't. I'd say the height of the nose is spot on.

One thing I would have done is make the guiding vanes around the front suspension the same blue as the cars livery (like it is in real life) and not use that carbon fibre effect. And because the rate of development in F1 is so fast those exhaust covers are now symmetrical and not assymetrical any more and both are white.

Its a great car though, its now my default Williams so that says as much......well until I see what Vipers FW25 version3 looks like and then i'll compare.
Date: June 24, 2003 12:58PM
i see the diff in v1.1 now, forget what i said above! Yeah, i still think its a bit high, you can sorta tell from the T-cam view, you see a bit too much nose.
Date: June 24, 2003 02:42PM
Posted by: F1Master
I think the front wing looks slightly too high but I don't think the nose is. The top, all the way along from the monocoque to the tip of the nose looks perfect but I think the underneath of the nose has been shaven too much and needs packing slightly from underneat.

This is what makes it look high because it makes the whole nose looks thin and peaky but in fact it isn't, its the right height but slightly too thin.
Date: June 24, 2003 06:05PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I like this version better than Viper's as well and it is also makes a big difference to the file size of the wad.

The car to me just looks more realistic and looks fantastic in the game. I am a huge fan of Viper, his Ferrari and BAR are mouth watering so hopefully version 3 of his Williams will be an improvement. But it really comes down to a personal point of view.

Cheers Buzz

To finish first, first you have to finish
Date: June 25, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: JPM
Apologies Eric...
From that photo your nose is spot on :-)

Cheers
JPM
Date: June 25, 2003 08:42AM
Apologies accepted.
Anyway, the assymetrical covers were used in 'cold' GP's like San Marino and Austria. Too bad they won't use them anymore. I will update them later. But first the F2003-GA.

Date: June 25, 2003 11:09AM
ooooo a differnt ferrari, cant wait :)
Date: June 25, 2003 12:44PM
Posted by: Stan
oh cant wait ! :D

Date: June 25, 2003 06:02PM
Posted by: Abstraction
is it me or everyone else thinks that erix's Fw25 is too blue?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: June 25, 2003 08:45PM
Posted by: ViperF1
we'll work on the FW25 after R23.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: June 26, 2003 12:32PM
Posted by: Timzaghi
One thing to say: definately the best williams at the moment! But that's my opinion. Dutch developers huh? They're the best ;)
Keep up the good work Eric and Duco, mooizo ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy