Minardi driver performance (original GP4)

Posted by MP4-13 
Minardi driver performance (original GP4)
Date: August 17, 2015 10:16AM
Posted by: MP4-13
Hi everyone,

I am new here - I have only recently got into Geoff Crammond's GP4. My Dad bought a copy of the game over a decade ago but could not get it to work on his computer at the time. I recently found the game and wondered if it would work on my computer, in the last few weeks I have successfully loaded and run the game. I have immensely enjoyed it so far and have now become hooked! I have also downloaded the 'no CD' and have also downloaded Team Editor (version 3.2b).

One thing I'm curious about is the performance of the Minardi drivers in the default version Grand Prix 4. I have noticed that Alex Yoong (in car 21) is consistently faster in qualifying and in race conditions than Fernando Alonso (in car 20), when I would have expected the Spaniard to come out on top (I am too young to remember the real life 2001 season but I am aware that Alonso managed some impressive qualifying positions during the season, getting him the Renault test driver, whereas Yoong was a pay driver who came and went from F1). I am also confused by the numbers as I have checked photographs from the 2001 season in real life and I have found that Alonso drove car 21 with Tarso Marques/Yoong running car 20. How did the game situation come about and is there any way of fixing the car number issue? (I have downloaded Team Editor - version 3.2b - so I know I can alter Alonso and Yoong's race and qualifying performance levels to better reflect the real life performance).

Thanks
MP4-13
Re: Minardi driver performance (original GP4)
Date: August 17, 2015 10:25AM
Posted by: quickslick
the number 20 for Yoong is correct, because he replaced Tarso Marques the last three races :)
Date: August 17, 2015 11:00AM
Posted by: ricktworick1
To fix that issue, you need to download GP4 Patch 9.6.

EDIT: [www.gp4central.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 11:01AM by ricktworick1.
Date: August 17, 2015 05:24PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Hello MP4-13, welcome to the forum. :-) Let me give you some instructions, because you can get GP4 easily into a much better game in only a few hours. First, install the 9.6 GP4 Patch and the decrypted.exe v1.02. Unfortunately I have no link, but you will find this somewhere on Google. When you have done that, download the latest version of GPxPatch (I think it's 4.30a) and install it. With GPxPatch it's possible to change the car power and driver performances like you want to. You also can install other tracks, there are more than 100 released already. If you have any questions, just pm me. :-)(Y)(H)
Date: August 17, 2015 06:15PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
a few hours?
I did it in 10 minutes.. ;-)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: August 17, 2015 10:44PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
When you want to write a good performance file it takes at least an hour. And for a rookie at least two.
Date: August 18, 2015 08:44AM
Posted by: MP4-13
TGF1DRIVER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello MP4-13, welcome to the forum. :-) Let me
> give you some instructions, because you can get
> GP4 easily into a much better game in only a few
> hours. First, install the 9.6 GP4 Patch and the
> decrypted.exe v1.02. Unfortunately I have no link,
> but you will find this somewhere on Google. When
> you have done that, download the latest version of
> GPxPatch (I think it's 4.30a) and install it. With
> GPxPatch it's possible to change the car power and
> driver performances like you want to. You also can
> install other tracks, there are more than 100
> released already. If you have any questions, just
> pm me. :-)(Y)(H)

Thank you very much for your help - I've downloaded all of these and I've now run a race with the GPxPatch. The first thing I noticed that the timing screens now match the 2010-date TV coverage , rather than the 2001 screens. The game was running well and it seems to have worked quite nicely. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 08:44AM by MP4-13.
Date: August 18, 2015 01:15PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
There is an option in GPXPatch to select a range of different graphics packages.

Going from memory, there's classic, which is the 1994-2003 Tag Huerer graphics, the you've got digital 2004, the graphics from 2004-2010 I believe, then the most recent package used over the last few years.

There should also be an option, the name of which escapes me, to use the graphics used by the F1 Digital service in the early 00s.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy