Date: August 14, 2015 11:04PM
Posted by: toricoz
BECOME AS TRACKS RFactor to GP4?

COMO CONVIERTO PISTAS DE RFactor A GP4?
Thanks.
Re: RFactor to GP4
Date: August 15, 2015 01:52AM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
As far as I know it is absolutely impossible to convert RFactor tracks directly into GP4 tracks. I'm sorry. :((N)
Date: August 15, 2015 11:41AM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
TGF1DRIVER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as I know it is absolutely impossible to
> convert RFactor tracks directly into GP4 tracks.
> I'm sorry. :((N)

...... no, it's not true, there are several tracks, of rfactor and other games, converted to gp4...... ;)

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: August 15, 2015 02:40PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
Ripping Corpse Wrote:
> TGF1DRIVER Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As far as I know it is absolutely impossible to
> > convert RFactor tracks directly into GP4
> tracks.
> > I'm sorry. :((N)
>
>
> ...... no, it's not true, there are several
> tracks, of rfactor and other games, converted to
> gp4...... ;)

how
how did you do that..

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: August 15, 2015 04:22PM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
miki2000milos Scritto:

> how
> how did you do that..

following the same instruction from jimbob1's TOCA RD2 convert guide (i don't think it's anymore online). But takes away more time since you got to export each gmt one by one as 3ds files, save them with milkshape (3ds) and then port them in GP4.
Don't know if it's possibile to open and save with Zmodeler 2, then port them in Zmodeler 1 and save as GP4 with the plugin.

After this you got to rebuild the whole dat using as reference the imported track.

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: August 15, 2015 07:37PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Then we can convert all GP3 tracks for GP4! Let's go! ;)(Y)(H):-)
Date: August 15, 2015 09:40PM
Posted by: jimbob1
yep it's possible & a lot more easier today....you need 3dsimed......try the demo.........zmod1....

[www.sim-garage.co.uk]

after you have opened your track in 3dsimed.....hopefully the files aren't encrypted....if yes google that issue....

export all objects to a new folder as f1 2001 or challenge .mts file i think it was.....then export the textures to the same folder.....

close 3dsime ed....now import the i think it's the model.....can't remember the extension of it but not the mts files......from that new folder.....

the track should open and be textured........create a new folder & export to f1 2001 format again to this new folder..
when done........convert the dds files in the folder to tga and place them in the 2nd folder you created...the one with just the mts files...

now...close 3dsime ed..

open 3dsimed again now import the i think it's the model.....can't remember the extension again.....the track should be fully textured again....
if yes export to f1 2001 format again....

now you have the tracks .mts should have the tga file as their texture format not the dds and is ready to import to zmod....

there may be a limit on the import in zmod..you may be able to import all the mts files in one go..if yes......

make sure tou can see it texutred in zmod before exporting as a .gp4 object......... remember on import to select the f1 2001 filtre to import the mts files..

if the track is too big....import say half in one go.........then save as zmod object in zmod......close this..import the rest then & just merge the files together than in zmod & export as .gp4 object....

this may take a while..............make a cup of tea.......start some wall papering etc.....

when completed...shut zmod........open gp4 builder.........and create new scenes........move the objects to whatever scenes is needed to keep the scene vertices limit.......

that that

> miki2000milos Scritto:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > how
> > how did you do that..
>
> following the same instruction from jimbob1's TOCA
> RD2 convert guide (i don't think it's anymore
> online). But takes away more time since you got to
> export each gmt one by one as 3ds files, save them
> with milkshape (3ds) and then port them in GP4.
> Don't know if it's possibile to open and save with
> Zmodeler 2, then port them in Zmodeler 1 and save
> as GP4 with the plugin.
>
> After this you got to rebuild the whole dat using
> as reference the imported track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 09:43PM by jimbob1.
Date: August 15, 2015 09:48PM
Thanks Jimbob! I will give it a go.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Date: September 06, 2015 02:48PM
few issues:
I can't export as F1 2001 format, I don't see it. I exported as F1 CC
another problem is in zModeller when I tried to import the .mts files that should have the .tga file format, it doesn't seem to as I can 1) load only some of the models, 2) load them untextured, and 3) load them as F1 2002 .mts files and not F1 2001 as apparently when I load 2001 they are outdated.

edit: fixed, I imported the wrong files xD Now they are textured. Though there is a limit on how many files I can load, otherwise the zModeller sends me an error message like the format is wrong or so.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2015 06:29PM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 06, 2015 05:20PM
ok now I have an issue
jimbob1
if the track is too big....import say half in one go.........then save as zmod object in zmod......close this..import the rest then & just merge the files together than in zmod & export as .gp4 object....

I did this, but hehe.. my computer is too slow for that too. After it merged all the .zmd files I wanted to first try and save it as one .zmd file, but no. It failed. Then I tried a .gp4 export, but no again. My PC is running low on memory.

anyone with a better PC willing to do this for me? I have imported all the objects, saved as 8 separate .zmd files.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2015 05:21PM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 23, 2015 10:07AM
okay nevermind that. I put less objects into the track and it worked. I now have a .gp4 file.
But GP4 builder is taking very long to open it (it does open it though) and also the file is quite big, 45MB, I think normal .gp4 files are ~20MB.
will a big .gp4 file like this work in GP4? Should I remove some objects?

and what is the scene vertices limit, also can I have as much scenes as I want?
edit: okay i got the limit but how many scenes can I have?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2015 01:05PM by miki2000milos.
Date: September 23, 2015 01:02PM
Posted by: Prblanco
You can have up to 65 536 vertices or faces per scene, and around 300 000 vertices or faces in the whole file (I can't remember what is the exact limit, if there is one). I've seen tracks with 11 scenes and didn't see any particular problem with that, but usually you shouldn't need more than 5 scenes.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 26, 2015 07:15AM
Posted by: tojepo
For me, the limit is 300 000 vertices for all the file.

Many objects have double faces with opposite vertices in order to have the two visible faces.

To save space , we must reduce the faces and vertices.

Then in GP4 Builder delete the double faces and place the material objet with "2 sided"
> So much time to check object by object

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cl323fcwf2i61/GP4_Files';] >>> My Other Tracks for GP4 <<<[/url]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy