mega patch coming!!!!

Posted by ayazyounis 
Re: mega patch coming!!!!
Date: June 03, 2003 03:03PM
Posted by: matt
great news bojan,cant wait to download this livery as the screenshots ive seen looks top quality!!
Date: June 03, 2003 03:50PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Bojan,
What's going on?? Has there been a recent discount on the retail price of GP4 in Ignorantitland?
If people aren't happy about either the quality or quantity of enthusiast's work being available for download then I'm sorry.....**** OFF.
JackieStewart (600+ posts on this site!)

....................I quite like this now.
Date: June 03, 2003 04:02PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
I'm sorry but I didn't understand your post?
My english is not perfect, if you were refering to my comments about Masuzoh and Ribeiro then
I wanted to say that Masuzoh and Ribeiro took my Minardi and did some poor modification on them, I didn't give them permission to do that, and there's no mention of my 60 hours of work in their readme. Now, I don't want to bother Bruno to remove those files, but I sure can say my opinion about those works - since they're still 90% my.

Post Edited (06-03-03 23:04)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 03, 2003 04:07PM
Posted by: b-tone
You obviously don't have any idea how much work is it.
i've got a wee bit of an idea.

people want to race with a white minardi around monaco last sunday, and as with most things they're happy with something now rather than something perfect later.
and seeing as you probably have all the psd files, i dont see it as being that major of a job to update them.

____
Tony

Date: June 04, 2003 02:09AM
Posted by: W@llierossi
fortknox wrote:

> but why raged there against this Megapatch?
> you have something against us Italians?
> we have gathered only the jobs, we never said that they were ours

Wait a minute... I don't have anything against Italians (in terms of racism or anything). And I'm not raging against your Megapatch.

I just wanted to inform you that you are use works of authors who modified Bojan's work without permission. I don't see any words in my post that could be seen as raging against your Megapatch.

Furthermore, you know I (and Erwin) decided to permit you to use or toyota in the previous carset. Now your using both the mclaren and the toyota without asing us for doing so. And... hey... I didn't even email you on that matter. So... In my opinion I've been only helpfull and tollerant, in contrary to what you claim I am.

As for an egoist and your quote of Henry Ford:
All nice and stuff, but in the great outdoors there are things like copyright and trademarks too. People like to prevent other people forom stealing there work. So why couldn't we (as a community) just behave by rules (like asking for permission first). Rules make a system work, else there would be total chaos...
As for the egoist... i'm not... I just wanted to provide you with an alternative to use when you'd decide to drop the other minardi. I don't say it's better (Bojan does), so why am I an egoist?

Guyon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adeus Ayrton! Valeu CampeĆ£o!"
"Goodbye Ayrton! Thanks
Champion!"

Member of gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season pack
Date: June 04, 2003 05:47AM
Posted by: LarryM
I am just a little voice in the wilderness. I tried to download last night while I slept, but my connection timed out on me. I now have about 58% downloaded. I hope to get it tonight.

As for all of the above. I believe we, who are not so talented, appreciate all of the work which all of the authors have done FOR US. A BIG THANKYOU to you all. Much of this work is simply brilliant.

To the Megapatch complilers, we should all be grateful too. If they did not remember to contact all of the authors, I hope they can be forgiven. If the quality of some parts is not the very highest, I am sure we should not complain. After all, it is easier to continue editing and improving this very good start. A huge amount of work must have gone into compiling this patch.. I mean even just putting it together. So from me to You MegaPatch compilers and to the authors whose work is included: THANKYOU ONCE MORE. Mind you, I havn't got it yet..but that's another story

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: June 04, 2003 06:02AM
Posted by: FortKnox
@ W@llierossi

we have only gathered the jobs, do not have, and do not want any credit.
byez

Date: June 04, 2003 08:48AM
Posted by: Tony
I put the new mega patch in this morning after putting it off - due to the fact that I had GP4 running like a well-oiled-machine. I started it up, and before i entered the game, I turned the music off straight away. Nice videos, gizmo's etc, but i wonder how many megs this lot took up??.

OK, I started it up, it asked me to calibrate (2002 season doesn't), it was 21 FPS on the first calibration, and 28 on the second (this is with all my usual settings that I test by) I get 37 FPS almost everytime normally, so 9 frames lost for a start. My test-bed, Monaco (7th on griid) Is usually 32 FPS (I set it to 32 to give me "breathing space" so to speak - in case the heavens open) MY P/O is 82 at the start. Cutting a long story out, I got 22 fps, and PO 115, that is a big loss for me. I'm not sure whether i loaded it right or not, but are the cars really THAT BAD??? Can't see the Williams/M'clarens, they all come out "odd", then you have the fantasy car, then.....well, I didn't hang round too long, it is now removed from my PC. Does that mean anything?. I won't say too much more, because i'm sure a lot of people may find this mega patch of use one way or another, and i only tried a few tracks. However, if people do make releases of new season patches (*cough*) PLEASE make it at least as playable as the "out-of-box version. Sure, big car wads will make a difference of some sort, but if a new season patch from somewhere else (*cough*) takes development I want to keep my nice FPS & PO;)

I wasn't doing anything while this 17 hour download was taking place, and it IS FREE - so I'm not really to moan - so why am i moaning?

Tony
Date: June 04, 2003 08:51AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
Which fantasy car is it? Can you (or anyone else...) post a screenie?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: June 04, 2003 01:38PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
@ Tony

Average polygon count in default GP4 cars.wad is about 1500 per car, lod 0, droping fast towards lod4.
Average polygon count on custom made cars is 4000-7000, even more on Erwins cars, droping slowly until lod2, if there are lower lods.

This is the bigest performance hit, textures aren't so hard. But, on the other hand, visual is now very impressive, and that's how it goes in PC games, for nicer graphics, you need faster machine ;-)

Hopefully, newer cars will have better lods situation and we'll increase frame rate. This megapatch as any other cars.wad is work in progress, it'll be much better after few months.

@ JackieStewart

I'm still waiting for you to explain me that "*** off"...?

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 04, 2003 04:24PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Tony.
Try another site. This one's for GP4 enthusiasts.

....................I quite like this now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy