How to get the best graphics for GP4 with Nvidia?

Posted by SkaaningeN 
How to get the best graphics for GP4 with Nvidia?
Date: August 12, 2015 12:48AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Okay, I've tried out some different things to get the graphics I want in GP4.
The problem I have right now is that I get very sharp textures that seem pixelated. I would like
smother textures, with good quality of cours. So I wonder how to get it like that with an Nvidia card?

Also, I've encountered the same problem with my new laptop as I had with the old one.
GP4 insists of using the onboard card again, Intel HD Graphics 4600, not the Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M. Atleast it says so in the options
menu ingame. I can't select the Nvidia card ingame either. Is the nvidia card being used at all?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
You can either disable onboard VGA throug BIOS or select Nvidia card as preferred graphic processor in Nvidia control panel.
well, I've tried with Nvidia Control Panel, no luck even if the game seems to run pretty well.
However, Im not very good when it comes to BIOS and after using google it seems rather complicated to
get into BIOS in Windows 10.

I tried disabling the integrated card through device manager but then the Nvidia control program could not
find the Nvidia card either.

Try the 'Best solution' from this website, for me on my notebook the second solution worked. If you have to go this far, remember to do it for both GP4.exe and GPx.exe!

Look here!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Re: How to get the best graphics for GP4 with Nvidia?
Date: August 21, 2015 01:12AM
Posted by: idplayer
i recommed nvidia inspector for fine tuning the nvidia settings. especialy experimenting with "LOD bias" settings may reduce the pixelation of high res textures.
additionally you shoud try reducing the sharpness in the fgraphics.cfg setting "Mipmap bias"
I accually managed to get the graphics I wanted now, the only issue I have left is
trackshadows, like bridges and trees. They appear very late and in trackcam view they disapear when the camera is zoomed out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy