CSM problems

Posted by sportingcp 
CSM problems
Date: July 19, 2015 03:43PM
Posted by: sportingcp
Hi, I´ve been testing some mods and i´ve been able to play for example the 2002 mods but i´ve been having a lot of problems with CSM, specially since I´m with my new computer with windows 8.1. I have all kind of issues honestly. Some mods work more or less but in others things are completely screwed up.

It´s difficult to say what is the problem really, I already installed everything correct as it is supposed to (with the 9.6 patch, no-cd, gpxpatch 4.30) and for example when trying to run the 1994 mod I have a lot of issues: I cannot choose the 1024x768 screen resolution anymore, don´t know why, sometimes the tracks are not correct, menus still in 2001 instead the ones of the mod i´m trying to play, cars not changing, perfomance files not loading.. Maybe it´s some kind of "compatibilty issue" between gpxpatch (maybe because it´s the latest version?) and CSM? I don´t know really. The GP4 file is with windows xp compatibility and running as administrator.

I used to have no problems with CSM and now i´m having all this issues it´s really frustrating. Could someone give some feedback, for example, in the 1994 mod, it´s one of the ones i´m having more problems to try to understand what is going wrong? Many thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 03:44PM by sportingcp.
Re: CSM problems
Date: July 20, 2015 05:29PM
Maybe it´s happenning because I didn´t run first the game on Gp4 folder before trying the CSM (I´ve read somewhere that it should be done like that, running GP4 normally before the CSM mods), can that be the source of the problems. And what can make the files not swap correctly?
Date: July 20, 2015 05:36PM
Posted by: kedy89
Might be the installation path. With Win8 you shouldn't install the game/csm to program files as it will cause issues with writing rights. Best is to create a new folder C:\Games were you install it.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Date: July 20, 2015 05:57PM
I will try that kedy. I´m sorry because i´m kinda trying to explain a lot of issues at the same time so it is difficult to try to help lol. But it may be because of that, even if I had the GrandPrix4 in the external drive and also had the problems, now yes I installed in the program files folder but I´ll do as you said try to install in C/(another folder like "games" or "gp4";). And I´ll do the same with CSM.
Date: July 23, 2015 10:06PM
Still no success with the 1994 mod. Same problem when I run the mod in I don´t have the option to go the main menu I run a quickrace and the cars are the ones of 1994 but are all white. The menus don´t change too.
Date: July 25, 2015 08:25AM
It´s working now! I think my problems with GP4 are solved! Now, i´m having issues in some mods of GrandPrix 3..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy