ZModeler gp4 filter?

Posted by pjlx911 
ZModeler gp4 filter?
Date: July 15, 2015 01:44AM
Posted by: pjlx911
Hi again,

Okay, so after reading the awesome tutorial on track modelling, I think it would probably be better to try that first, then think about cars (if at all). The question I have is that I would like to make my model in 3DS, import it into ZModeler, then export it into a dat file for GP4Builder. The issue is that I don't know where the download for the filter is at!

I've looked up, and down, ZModeler's download page, but I still can't find it. Google searches have been realtively useless. So if anyone has a link/are willing to share the filter, I would appricate it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: ZModeler gp4 filter?
Date: July 15, 2015 08:42AM
Posted by: truecrysis
I'm going to assume you have the newest zmodeler? It might be worth looking around for zmodeler v1.07b as this contains everything set up and ready for dealing with gp4 files. You should be able to find it on google.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: July 15, 2015 10:23AM
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to assume you have the newest zmodeler?
> It might be worth looking around for zmodeler
> v1.07b as this contains everything set up and
> ready for dealing with gp4 files. You should be
> able to find it on google.

Except the filters. I had tried 1.07b, but it won't allow me to Import/Export because of the fact that there's no filters for it to use. Sort of hinders things a bit.
Date: July 15, 2015 01:49PM
Posted by: gezere
.DAT file is not the good extension of a 3D object for GP4 (eg : a car) but it's .gp4.
.DAT is the extension of the physical part of a track.

You can import .gp4 files in GP4Builder or Zmod 1.07b. No need to get specific filter if I remember well.

Then import your 3ds file into ZMod 1.07b then export it directly in .gp4 which is the right format for a 3D object.
Fo a car, take care at the name and order of the 28 objects which are mandatories to not get strange behavior or simply a crash of the game.
Look at the original cars or at any other car already released for more details

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 01:56PM by gezere.
Date: July 15, 2015 03:36PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hi! About the topic:

How to convert Rfactor objects without getting the picture format below? :(
I tried converting Rfactor objects, but they are not round. (N)

Problem is where? in 3DSIMED? Zmodeler_v107?

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: July 15, 2015 10:10PM
Okay, I don't know if I'm not explaining things too well (it happens with me sometimes). Here's the image of when I try to open ZModeller 1.0.7:

I have used an old 3D object, made in 3DS, I clicked on "Import...", then selected the .3ds file...

But when I try to import it, it does nothing.

This is the problem I'm having. That's why I'm asking if anyone has a link or a saved version of the filter I need. It's because I'm thinking that because there are no filters loaded, it's preventing me from loading a .3ds file into the program. If I can't do that, then I'm pretty much stuck in making my track design (as I would rather make a track in 3DS than the in-game editor).
Date: July 15, 2015 11:15PM
Posted by: truecrysis
I'm pretty sure what you have there is either v1.07a or v1.07 SDK. I just downloaded both the SDK and the b version, and the b version shouldn't run the error message you get whilst the SDK will. It might be worth double checking that you have downloaded v1.07b (the b is the important part), it should be an exe that requires installing and you CAN'T find it on the zmodeler website, as they don't host that version anymore. Once you have the right version all the 3ds files and gp4 files should load perfectly fine. If not, sorry for going this route up again but what i just downloaded showed that.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: July 16, 2015 12:36AM
Oops. Just checked. It's the SDK (it seems to be the only thing on the site that is 1.0.7). Do you have a copy of the 1.0.7b program and would be kind enough to help a new track developer? :-)
Date: July 16, 2015 04:58AM
...Anybody?

I would really like the help here.
Date: July 16, 2015 07:14AM
Posted by: Foreverk
Here´s the ZModeler 1.07b, as you can see in the image it does open GP4 files (that was the last version with gp4 files support I guess)

Link: ZModeler 1.07b (Y)

select "import" -> "Grand Prix files(*.gp4)":

Date: July 16, 2015 07:23AM
Foreverk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here´s the ZModeler 1.07b, as you can see in the
> image it does open GP4 files (that was the last
> version with gp4 files support I guess)
>
> Link: ZModeler 1.07b (Y)
>
> select "import" -> "Grand Prix files(*.gp4)":
>
> [i.imgur.com]

Thank you so much. It was having so many issues in not being able to locate a good working copy. Is it okay to ask if someone could at least sticky the link to your file on the FAQs? If I was having issues trying to locate a good working copy, I can't even imagine another newer guy coming in and not being able to find it (including when it's such an intrigal part of model creation for 3DS users who want to make assets/mods for GP4).

Thanks again! Now I can get to work on my track!

:-) ;) ;) :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy