Xbox 360 Controller??

Posted by willward 
Xbox 360 Controller??
Date: June 24, 2015 08:42PM
Posted by: willward
hey has anybody had any luck with playing GP4 with a Xbox Controller if so how do i set it up ive tried and cant seem to get it up and runnning

Re: Xbox 360 Controller??
Date: June 24, 2015 09:46PM
Posted by: tommy90
I play with a x360 controller.

My Setup:

Steering left stick
Throttle RT
Brake LT
Gear Up RB
Gear Down LB
Re: Xbox 360 Controller??
Date: June 25, 2015 01:29AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Hi,

You can, but the proper setup process can be a bit......involved.

Depending on your operating system, you should be able to just plug the controller in and Windows will automatically detect it and install the drivers.

From here you'd set it up in-game like any other controller, in the 'Advanced' section of the controls menu where you assign Axis's etc.

But GP4 has an issue with the 360 Controller; It doesn't like the triggers sharing the Z-Axis, and, if you assign either to Throttle or Brake, you'll end up with the game constantly thinking one is half activated.

If you don't want to use the triggers, you can just use one of the thumbsticks for throttle and brake, and everything will be fine.

If you do want to use the triggers, you'll need Pinnacle Game Profiler, as this will allow you to place the triggers on separate Axis's.

The trial version of PGP is limited to 20 days(?) use, after which you'll need to buy it ($10 US).

It is well worth it.

Once you've installed PGP, you should be able to double click on this file and it will allow you to setup a 'Game Profile' for Grand Prix 4.

That .pin file contains the profile I use:

* The triggers are on separate Axis's, with the left trigger causing a rumble when used.
* The Left Stick, when pushed forward or back, will be registered as button presses and cause a rumble. (I use these for gear changes.)
* Up on the D-Pad will press 'F1' on the keyboard, with Left on the D-pad being 'F3' and Right on the D-pad being 'F4'; Useful if you use the 'In-car setup changes' feature of GPxPatch on Pro or Ace difficulty.
* Pressing 'Back' on the controller will press '9' on the keyboard, allowing you to cycle through the GPxSAT info.
* 'Start' will press 'J' (Hot-seat stage swap.)
* Pressing the Right Stick in will press '0' on the keyboard, closing the GPxSAT window.
* Pressing the Left Stick in will press Spacebar to pause the game.

All of those are easily modifiable of course.

Once PGP is running, start GP4 like you would normally - NOT BY PRESSING PLAY ON PGP'S WINDOW! - and, when you set up the controller from the 'advanced' window, everything should work fine.

If you need help with any of that, let me know and I'll try and put together a video.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy