Monaco Lap Times?

Posted by fcarmoracing 
Monaco Lap Times?
Date: May 27, 2003 09:08PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
I managed to run a Lap in Monaco (original GP4), in 1min16sec4tenths(1´16.4), with DC´s McLaren (original), and I´m wodering if it´s a good lap time.... I think it´s possible to go much faster....

Would like to know from you guys what lap times you get, of course, with the original engine power, no engine with over 2000 HP pls!!!! hehehehe....
Re: Monaco Lap Times?
Date: May 27, 2003 09:17PM
Posted by: JohnW
fcarmoracing,

A quick check of the HL sites shows that 1:13.5xx is the WR. Keep in mind they vary a bit reguarding the aides they allow.

Compared to my feable efforts, your time is quick quick. Care to share your setup or replay ? <Grin>

JohnW
Date: May 27, 2003 09:44PM
Posted by: LarryM
Well I am hopeless. Original performance ace level no aids and using a ff wheel I can get 1m19sxx. Perhaps with some more practice and improving my setup I can get to 1m18xx or slightly below. I tried out GP4 tweaker yesterday with 105% grip (5% extra grip). Hit 1m18s107 staright away. I reckon I could get down to 1m16s with practice. When I put it back, the replay goes wild for my car. Drives all over the place.

However, what is appropriate for current levels, tyres and cars have improved since 2001. Grip levels are higher, what would be a correct 2003 level ?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: May 27, 2003 10:10PM
Posted by: ViperF1
I'm trying to get into 107% :(

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&quot;I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing.&quot; - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: May 27, 2003 10:17PM
Posted by: JohnW
Using increased grip does sort of make your times invalid. That sort of thing is not allowed on any of the Hot Lap sites.

Keep it stock. If others can get down to the 1:13s, ( God only knows how ! ), so can you. I'm just in the 1:19s and not too happy about it. Monaco is a piss poor track for cars.

JohnW
Date: May 27, 2003 10:49PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
1 min 18.034 for me :\

thats using a set up that jackiestewart made and he got 1.16.xxx

im still getting used to non traction control and gears... i crash alot :(

Date: May 28, 2003 01:03AM
Posted by: LarryM
I have been using a setup adapted from Major Tom's basic. MT didn't do any setup for bumbers and rebound or antiroll. I have been playing around with these. I should try Jackie stewart's version. Is it available for download?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: May 28, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: brettly
I got a 1.17.347 using gamepad ( yeah...i know *s*)..and set-up. Also have grip set to 105%(is this allowed?)...., anyway i tried using Jackies set-up and had a hard time getting in the 17's.With a little more practice i think the 1.16s is possible...for me anyway!!

CHEERS.
Date: May 28, 2003 09:30AM
right.... I can save the replay of the lap to email for you guys.... no prob....

but 1.13.xxx???? How the hell they do that???? When I said "much faster" I meant 1.15.8, smthing like that....

my setup is almost default.... just changed the aeros, gears rations with 7th gear, I think car wight.... antiroll bars, and springs.... well, right, it´s not that default anymore....
Date: May 28, 2003 10:06AM
ah.... and no grip cheating of course.... as I said b4.... everything ORIGINAL!!!!
Date: May 28, 2003 12:00PM
Posted by: Orpheus
Keep it stock. If others can get down to the 1:13s, ( God only knows how ! ), so can you. I'm just in the 1:19s and not too happy about it. Monaco is a piss poor track for cars.

no damage! just play bumpers and turn off the black flag so u can go full throttle thru the chicane :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 28, 2003 12:08PM
Posted by: Pooky
i lapped monaco in 36.78 seconds. no joke.

of course i was driving in the year 3008 for mclaren in the MP4/1037

Date: May 28, 2003 02:01PM
There we go Orpheus, that´s why they get 1.13.xxx, thx!!!!
My lap was clear, no cheating on black flags or grip editting stuff.... I can email the replay to anyone who wants it....

Powerhorse.... I don´t get your joke....

no, hehehee.... just kidding....
Date: May 28, 2003 03:14PM
Posted by: Morbid
IMHO 1´16.4 is pretty good. My personal best is a 1.17.4xx @ ace, no aids, with everything @ default (physics, setup, grip, bhp and so on).

Most people that set times like the 1.13.5 quoted here are hotlappers. That means that the cars setup is tuned to go as fast as possible around that track for ONE lap. After that the plank is trashed, and there is no fuel.

Since the setup is tuned for ultimate speed, it is usually a b*tch to drive, and 90% or so of any attempts to actually complete a lap ends in an accident. Furthermore, the car is driving to the absolute extreme, being pushed way beyond 100%. Therefore most hotlappers crawl out of the pits and roll in slowmo around the track and save 200 meters before the lap is begun. If they crash, they just reload and try again.

Unless you actually play your game like that (god what a chore in a 78 lap race!!), you would never ever want to drive a qual session or a race like hotlappers do, or make setups like they do. So you shouldn't compare honest attempts @ completing a qual or race session or making a setup with the times that hotlappers set. Maybe with the possible exception of the offline leagues that give you a week and unlimited attempts at posting your final qual time.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 28, 2003 04:16PM
Posted by: sam2019
well i just tried a lap (on keyboard) to see what comparable times could be managed.

got a 1:19

without setups. default settings.

p.s. i have my damage level set at 250% with GP4Tweaker - it rocks!!
gives much more realistic damage, one little scrape at monaco and its race over!

To be a legend, first you have to learn to drive
Date: May 28, 2003 04:23PM
Posted by: Vader
How did you manage to drive WITHOUT setups? :-o :-o :-o :-o

;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 28, 2003 05:11PM
Posted by: marcl
I think some people are not honest about their lap times.

I have downloaded some setups and the times people claim they done are crap, what is the point running your car so low u can only do one lap.

I also quali with the same setup i race on, if u get pole u know u have a good race setup :)
Date: May 28, 2003 05:25PM
Posted by: sasjag
"i lapped monaco in 36.78 seconds. no joke.

of course i was driving in the year 3008 for mclaren in the MP4/1037"

Tezza here got a 35.xx round monaco back in 1967 dind;t ya tez

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 28, 2003 05:29PM
Posted by: Orpheus
yep sim , good old cosworth engines, *sniff* ill miss the smell of smoke from behind my ass :( ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 28, 2003 05:32PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I`m using hard bumpers and less differencial settings in monaco and got a 1:16:5xx.

But dont wonder about this times from hc.

Most laptimes are very old and were made when hofxlap couldnt show all kinds of tweaking ;) .

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy