DirectX 9 Download Problem

Posted by papa_delta 
DirectX 9 Download Problem
Date: May 27, 2003 03:37PM
Posted by: papa_delta
Gentlemen,

I keep trying to download DirectX 9 from the Microsoft site. I can acquire the setup file, but when I try to run it, it begins, waits a few seconds and then I get a message saying it cannot downlod right now. I'm told to try back later or check network settings. This message appears no matter when I try, morning, afternoon or late at night. I must have tried at least 50 times.
Have others of you had this problem? Is there any alternate site I can download DirectX?
I am on DSL and have no other problems downloading any other file. Is there something to the Network settings on my computer which I need to change?
Thanks for any help. You folks have no idea how many times you've helped me by reading posts in this forum.

Thanks in advance,

Papa Delta

Micron 1.8, P4, 512k, GeForce 3, Win 98SE, DirectX 8.1, Microsoft FF Wheel; 1280x1024, 32 fps/90-100PO.
Re: DirectX 9 Download Problem
Date: May 27, 2003 04:19PM
Posted by: Breadfan
Try www.download.com

Breadfan

[www.forums.sportspavilion.net]
Date: May 27, 2003 04:42PM
Posted by: sntgeorge
You can try google or kazaa for dx90_redist.exe it's quite a large download 30+Mb but it autodetects your OS version and install the proper DX9 files
Date: May 28, 2003 04:43AM
Posted by: Chris McLean
Suggest you download the dx90_redist.exe from Microsoft's website - it will be listed as the network install of DX9.

It is a big file but with a DSL connection you should have it in a few minutes.
Date: May 28, 2003 05:50AM
Posted by: Fieroboy
Papa_Delta ...do u have any recent CD games?, some of the new games contain DX9 in a sub folder, so u can install right of the cd.
Date: May 28, 2003 05:48PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll check them out.
Date: May 30, 2003 08:32PM
Chris McLean and Fieroboy,

Found the file dx90_redist.exe via google and have downloaded it successfully and installed it. Thanks for the tip!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy