GP4 slows down & jerks

Posted by den 
GP4 slows down & jerks
Date: May 24, 2003 05:45AM
Posted by: den
I need your help or advice on this: I notice that the screen sometimes slows down or jerks for a second or two. It's getting annoying & I lost the sense of speed while playing. I've installed the latest nvidia 44.03 driver & the 4.46 VIA 4in1.

I only get 27fps. how do I increase this? thanks!

Athlon XP 2000+ 512MB Gigabyte 7VAX Inno Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB 40g 7200 Maxtor
Re: GP4 slows down & jerks
Date: May 24, 2003 08:40AM
Posted by: G_Force
Could just try the simple things, make sure nothing is running in the background, lower screen res, lower detail, etc. Although with your system specs u should get better than 27fps, but i guess thats GP4 for you.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: May 24, 2003 08:53AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Don't run with Full Screen Anti Aliasing or Ansotropic FIltering on. I noticed my GP4 is so much better with them on and you really can't tell the diff.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: May 24, 2003 07:12PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Go to your Control panel, then multimedia and turn the hardware acceleration of your soundcard down (all the way if you want). GP4 will be smooth as f""" BUT you will loose some sound quality (It's totally worth it though - I think we all do it now!)

....................I quite like this now.
Date: May 25, 2003 01:41AM
Posted by: b-tone
i turned off the hardware acceleration and at the same time started using a 92mb cars.wad and the game seems a little quicker.
i imagine with a smaller wad it'd fly.

____
Tony

Date: May 25, 2003 03:41AM
Posted by: den
I lower the sample rate to "Good" & put the slider to "standard acceleration" & turned off the anti-aliasing & Ansotropic filtering. I now have 33fsp, Thanks guys! The slow down & jerkiness is still there but it improve from a 4sec. slow down to about 2 sec now. I still want it to be totally remove. I wonder if the swap files has anything to do with this? My swap files are set to 2048MB & my PCI texture memory size is set to 128MB. What should be the ideal settings for this?

Athlon XP 2000+ 512MB Gigabyte 7VAX Inno Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB 40g 7200 Maxtor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy