Night Races

Posted by Slasher 
Night Races
Date: April 16, 2015 03:50PM
Posted by: Slasher
Hello Everyone.

Been dabbling in track editing, doing some things myself, learning slowly.

A question i would like to ask is, how easy is it to edit tracks for night races?

Is it a matter of adding lights around the circuit then changing the sky texture or is there a bit more to it than that?

Would like to edit Monaco for a start but would like a rough process on how to go about it.

Cheers,

Slasher.
Re: Night Races
Date: April 16, 2015 09:20PM
Posted by: tumyeto
This should be a lot of work for a track like Monaco.
To have something nice, you should:
- Put a night sky
- Put lights the lamp posts
- Darken the majority of textures
- Rework the textures of buildings for apartments with the light
- Rework the vertex of banks and verges to simulate shadows around the track

good luck !!(Y)
Re: Night Races
Date: April 17, 2015 04:54AM
Posted by: Slasher
Ok, thanks for that.

I took your suggestion and am gonna start on a relatively simple track, Barcelona.

I sorted the sky issue and am moving onto the floodlights.

Another question.

Is it possible to save an object from another track and insert it into a new track?

As you can probably guess i was gonna save floodlights from another track and insert them into other tracks.

I tried saving the floodlight as a .gp4 object but it seemed to save every scene in that particular track, because when i tried inserting that object into the new track, every scene from the other track appeared, it didnt seem to save the object by itself.

If i can get my head around this i eventually plan on turning most tracks into night ones.

Cheers for the help, am enjoying dabbling in this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2015 10:07AM by Slasher.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy