Zmodeler...

Posted by ralphi 
Zmodeler...
Date: May 22, 2003 01:21PM
Posted by: ralphi
Can someone please explain to me how to get the Gp4 cars in to Zmodeler...

Re: Zmodeler...
Date: May 22, 2003 01:36PM
Posted by: Ellis
Extract the cars.wad into a folder, load up ZM and import a .gp4 file (shape file)

If u get a header locked error, the file has been locked by the author

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 22, 2003 01:41PM
Thank you.

Date: May 22, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: b-tone
i'm painting a car, and using zmodler to view it.
so after a while i merged some wheels. then back to photoshop for some minor changes, and back to Zmod.
CTRL-R to reload the textures...
and it suddenly has reflections

why?

____
Tony

Date: May 22, 2003 04:13PM
erm...thats a tough one :|

Erm, go to View - Material Editor -

In the drop down box is a list of materials being used on your car. Click ni each one, and when viewing a material - look down to the bottom of the materials editor box and check the "Relfection Map" is unticked. Do this with all the materials in the drop down box

thats my best guess

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 22, 2003 08:52PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

but the question is how did they all get checked by themselves....

*x-files like music*

Date: May 23, 2003 12:35AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
Voodoo? :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: May 23, 2003 05:30AM
CAn someone explian hov to edit the cars ...I men change the shape

Date: May 23, 2003 11:37AM
I know that it's a stupid question but i really don't know how to change the shape...

Date: May 24, 2003 12:19PM
Thanks eLlis. i solved it with the "Relfection Map" thing you mentioned. any idea why it is checked with some textures?

____
Tony

Date: May 24, 2003 08:28PM
Posted by: matti
hi,

I am having a heck of a time loading tga's onto the shape. The first tga will load ok, but when I try and go back and add the 2 tga and 3 tga it is all scrambled. I tried making sure they were flipped, but still no dice.

All I want to be able to do is load up my edited tga's, and see how things look. I also noticed the last time that there were some chrome bmps but I don't know how they got there.

Any suggestions?
Date: May 24, 2003 10:39PM
i dont know much, but when the tgas are in the same folder as the car.gp4 they load automatically.
or
in the viewing box thing theres a square in the top left corner with 3D,Left,Top or something written. right click that square and go settings-textures-use textures.

____
Tony

Date: May 25, 2003 03:53PM
Hi,

Thanks Tony, that might be my problem. I'll try it out when I get home. Thanks.
Date: May 28, 2003 08:49AM
No matter what I do, I am only able to get the tga 1 to load correctly, the other tga's no matter which car or carshape I try will not load in Z modeler.

Is there any other way to view modified textures other than Z modeler?
Date: May 28, 2003 10:57AM
try gp4 genius.

____
Tony

Date: May 29, 2003 01:33AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Using ZModeler, some options ( like reflections ) could be set automatically in the default installation...But this is not a problem, since, as previously said, You can uncheck this option in Material editor.
regarding tga files in the work folder You are using with ZModeler, You can't directly update those...If You have a tga file ( for example tga 1 ) and You want update it with a photoshop program, You can work tga file, but then You must reconvert ( with GP4 Master ) in tex file, and then again ( always with GP4 Master ) You must convert tex file in tga file, in the ZModeler work folder.
Only in this way updated tga files will be shown in a correct way in ZModeler ( otherway, You may see it flipped ).

nicol@cciarri
Date: May 29, 2003 08:04AM
No matter what I do, I am only able to get the tga 1 to load correctly, the other tga's no matter which car or carshape I try will not load in Z modeler.

go to View - Texture Management - Texture Browser

Add all the TGAs into the browser

The go - View - Material editor

Click the drop down menu and click on the material at the top (not the default material). Then look down to the "primary texture" box - tick the box and press "load"

Select the trxture that goes with the material name, and do it for all the textures.

hopefully now ur textures will load :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy