Remove parts from a template?

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Remove parts from a template?
Date: March 20, 2015 08:31PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Hello! I'm back with just another question: I have downloaded a template from somewhere, now I wanted to start working with it, but I find there are some wings on the car which I find ugly. So my question, how can I delete specific parts of the template? How can I create a new z3d-file then? I would find it in some large ZModeler tutorial on the internet for sure, but I simply haven't got the time to search and find it there, that's why I'm asking here. ;)(Y)
Re: Remove parts from a template?
Date: March 20, 2015 08:58PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Do you want to create a new template/ wireframe from your model or to replace some parts by new ones and then to remap them into your texture?
Because these are 2 different things.
Do you want to modify your 3d model or not, first? Or just make a new template from your actual 3D model.. that's my question, to be clear...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 08:59PM by Excalibur.
Date: March 20, 2015 10:53PM
I want to use the same tga-file and just leave out the missing parts if that's possible. I'd like to delete some parts from the 3D model and maybe add a few new ones, but removing is the step I want to start with.
Date: March 20, 2015 11:22PM
Ok, I think that the best thing to do first, in your case, is to make a new template without the unwanted parts. Do you know how to export the wireframe of a texture?

If not, it is quit easy. Follow these steps:

Tools required: Stdplugs and filters for Zmodeler.
Here are the needed plugs and filters + a video tutorial on how to create a template (but written in french): [www.mediafire.com]éer_un_template.7z
Replace the filters & plugins intoto their respective folders, into your Zmodeler installation folder (overwrite them if asked).

Then, follow these instructions:

1- With the rectangle easy selector tool (on the Menu bar on the top of Zmodeler window), Select all the car (it becomes red)
2- Click on the faces button ( or press 3 on your keyboard). Choose, Select/None and click right into the window to deselect the faces.
3- Click on Select/ by material and choose the texture you want to paint. (faces related to the texture mapping become red).
3b- Now, unselect the unwanted parts or faces you want to delete from your template (example the front wings or winglets)
4- Click on Surface/ Mapping/ Assign UV and click left on one of the red faces (important: SEL must be activated )
5- Once done, Select/ None and click right into the window. Click on the object button (or press 4) and click right into the window once more to deselect the object
6- Change the main window view to "UV Mapper" You will see the wireframe applied on the texture (verify that all your objects mapped are into the square/ inside the texture)
7- Click on Texture/ UVexport and click left once on your UV Mapping.
8- Then, on the menu, click on File / export choose EPS format, give a name to your file and save, choose into the list UVMapperData[0]

It is done. Now you can use Photoshop or whatever the program you like. Import the EPS file (choose the same dimensions than your layer. Example 2048x2048 if your texture is in 2048x2048 etc...).

You can do it for each texture of your 3D model.
Even if you don't understand french, this little video tutorial can help you to follow these steps above....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 11:24PM by Excalibur.
Date: March 20, 2015 11:26PM
Oh my goodness! :-o Forget it, I'm sorry! I think I have to live with what I have. :(
Date: March 20, 2015 11:29PM
It is not so complicated. Look at the video first, if you want. Sometimes, it is better than long sentences to understand how it works ;-) That's one of the easier thing to do with Zmod...
Just follow this tuto step by step and take your time... Then, you will do it in 2 minutes chrono ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 11:33PM by Excalibur.
Date: March 21, 2015 12:03AM
Yeah I think I have to try it anyway. That ugly parts on that nice car shape have to be removed! So I need time.... When will I have time? Easter holidays I'm coming! :-)(Y)
Date: March 21, 2015 12:30AM
(Y) When you put your hands into it, you can't stop and you want to know more to improve your skill and your modding experience! There are so great things and tricks to know about modelling and mapping, just with Zmodeler :-)

Date: March 21, 2015 04:33PM
We will see it. :) I will try out your instructions and maybe I'll make it. If I have problems I will ask again, but as I already said, I can only start with it in one week. (Y)
Date: April 04, 2015 05:12PM
So now I finally found the time to work on my template. :-) Now I'm at step 3, but I don't know if I did step 2 right. On my screen I can see now the white car shape with many little red spots on it. And now? hot
Date: April 04, 2015 07:28PM
Posted by: brudu92
after paint how can we make the eps become a tga file?
Date: April 05, 2015 04:47PM
Excalibur where are you? I need your help! :(
Date: April 05, 2015 07:43PM
TGF1DRIVER écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So now I finally found the time to work on my
> template. :-) Now I'm at step 3, but I don't know
> if I did step 2 right. On my screen I can see now
> the white car shape with many little red spots on
> it. And now? hot

Ok, You reached the end of the step 2. You are on "faces" mode and they are unselected (with a little red point at the center of each face). Now, do the step 3: Click on select/ by material and select the texture you want to export into wireframe (eps). The faces related to the choosen texture will become red. Then, next, step 4....

Date: April 05, 2015 09:54PM
Posted by: brudu92
Excalibur écrivait:
> TGF1DRIVER écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So now I finally found the time to work on my
> > template. :-) Now I'm at step 3, but I don't
> know
> > if I did step 2 right. On my screen I can see
> now
> > the white car shape with many little red spots
> on
> > it. And now? hot
>
>
> Ok, You reached the end of the step 2. You are on
> "faces" mode and they are unselected (with a
> little red point at the center of each face). Now,
> do the step 3: Click on select/ by material and
> select the texture you want to export into
> wireframe (eps). The faces related to the choosen
> texture will become red. Then, next, step 4....

after paint how can we make the eps become a tga file?
Date: April 05, 2015 10:32PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
That's an option in Photoshop if I'm not mistaken

Date: April 06, 2015 12:06AM
@brudu92: If you want to have a tga-file just export the file you have into that format and it's done. :-)(Y)

@Excalibur: Ok, I will try it tomorrow. I hope I get to the end of step 2 again! ;);-)
Date: April 06, 2015 12:48AM
@Brudu92: Open your eps file into photoshop. Then, you can save your file into PSD format while you are making your texture (layers + logos etc....)
Once your texture is ready or that you want to test your advanced texture , just merge all your layers (Image/ merge or flatten ..I don't know the name into the english menu. This is the last option available: "aplatir" ) and save your image into tga format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2015 12:50AM by Excalibur.
Date: April 06, 2015 10:40AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
I think you can do it without "aplatir" ;-) I don't do it for my textures and it's fine.

Date: April 06, 2015 11:58AM
Yeah! I found the Main Toolbox in ZModeler, now I can go on! ;)(Y)

Now I selected the whole texture, but I can't find any option to unselect it. Furthermore ZModeler is jumping out of the SEL-mode all the time now, so I can't even select a texture anymore to become red and selected! :-O(N)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2015 12:15PM by TGF1DRIVER.
Date: April 06, 2015 03:02PM
EricMoinet écrivait:
> I think you can do it without "aplatir" ;-) I
> don't do it for my textures and it's fine.

Yes, you are right, depending of the Photoshop version you are using! ;-) The function "Image/Flatten" was needed until the version 7, to merge all the layers and to reduce the weight of the file. Since CS versions, the layers are merged automatically when you save the image but I prefer to tell to flatten the image before to save because I know that some people still use old versions. BTW, I have noticed a small difference. When you don't flatten the image, some layers may merge with a little gap. Not so important but when you are working with precise mapping and object textures and a lot of layers to merge, you may see this gap on your 3D model textured. But as I say, the gap is very very slight gap and it doesn't affect textures, in general. Maybe I am just a bit maniac with this! ;)

@TGF1DRIVER: To unselect "selected faces", be sure that Select/ None is activated and click-right on your main view window. The selected faces will become unselected.

In general, SEL must be activated when you are working with more than 1 object, face etc (to select several faces, for example).. Once unabled, you have to disabled it if you want to work with only 1 object (useful to move 1 object from your whole model, for example or to move your whole mapping into the UVMapper window) You can also move a single object if SEL is enabled by selecting the whole object before with the easy rectangle selector tool (it becomes red).
To resume:
- When the object or faces are selected in RED, SEL is enabled.
- When it is a single object (to move, rotate or something else), and that the object is not selected in red, SEL must be disabled.
PS: you can't move a face from an object in object or faces mode but in vertices mode by moving 1 or more vertices (red points from the edges face)

About your specific problem, you must stay in "faces" mode to select faces one by one, by group or by material (texture)

And Imagine that you want to select only a few faces or to select faces more than the ones already selected, click on Select/ Single and press the shift key and click_right to select a face (or Select/ separated for a group of faces).
Shift key + click right to add
Ctrl key + click-right to unselect

When you want to unselect all the faces, objects, vertices, normals selected in RED or an object in RED, be sure that Select/ None is enabled and click-right into your window.

Hope that it will help you...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy