1995 Betatester needed!

Posted by Ghostrider 
Re: 1995 Betatester needed!
Date: May 24, 2003 12:46AM
Posted by: Ghostrider
@Ianwoollam
Can you create a general Physic?

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Date: May 24, 2003 02:25AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
@Ghostrider:- I could have a shot at it, but I've never tried to create a Physic file before. I'll try though.

@B-tone:- The Performance files are OK, the only problem is that the Performance files are for full race and qualifying distances, e.g. Your problem with too many cars retiring and my problem of no one bothering to qualify.

Anyway I'm off on holiday for a week now guys! I'll see ya all later!

Ian

Post Edited (05-24-03 10:13)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 24, 2003 08:35AM
Ok guys!
New Beta is online. The link is the same and the ESC Bug is fixed! Thanx to all testers for the feedback.

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Date: May 24, 2003 12:03PM
Posted by: anze89
Is the speed in km/h?

The ESC button now works, but some helmets and driver pictures are mixed up. Anyway it is a great MOD!

Date: May 24, 2003 02:51PM
Posted by: Caelen
just my my two cents worth on the performance file, in the 1995 performance file most drivers have a grip of arond 13000, the default values are around 16000. wouldnt it be better to give the cc's grip values somewhere near the default and slow them down through HP value and physics. because i think that if you slow them down through driver grip values then they wont drive in a realistic fashion, ie corner speed to low, brake too early etc.
Date: May 24, 2003 03:09PM
Posted by: anze89
and if you slow down HP the cars will be very slow

Date: May 24, 2003 04:19PM
i didnt necassariliy mean give them less hp.
what i mean is : the grip value of the drivers is basically a measure of how good they are. by default somewhere around 16000 for ace level. the driver skill levels havent changed over the years therefore the driver grip values should be about the same as default.
i think i mean that if the driver grip values need to be reduced drastically to give even perfomance between ccs and player then obviously the ccs must be driving a much faster car. i think it would be better to have even car performance for ccs and player than just slow drivers in faster cars.
Date: May 24, 2003 04:32PM
actually there might not be a problem at all, i increased the drivers grip values to near defaults and things seem ok, i just had a quick race at monaco and im now half a second of the leaders pace and not 3 seconds faster.
Date: May 25, 2003 01:38AM
Posted by: b-tone
the cp_team.tex files are all the same texture as the main one for the bodywork (1361kb). is that meant to be? the left mirrors are still not right with the new version, and i guess thats why.
no more crashes on esc :)

____
Tony

Date: May 27, 2003 03:41AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
link appears not to be workin for me.. :s

Date: May 27, 2003 03:46AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
@ ghostrider

I was going through all the info I have of the 1995 season and I just wondered were you going to include mini mods to this mod for example the jordan team had a middle wing at one oint like the McLaren but I dont know for how many grand prix's and they also changed their livery after the first two grand prix's.

Also looking at the rear of your cars especially the benetton, the top wing of the rear wing assembly looks too big and I think is the same for other cars as well.

This is not a critisism as I love this mod, I am just pointing out things so it can be made perfect.

Thank you :)

Date: May 27, 2003 05:22AM
Date: May 27, 2003 05:46AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
erm dunno if this has been mentioned but i notice two of the helmets of drivers appear to be the wrong way round. T. inoue, morbidelli and Badoer

Here is Inoue's:

Post Edited (05-27-03 13:32)
Date: May 27, 2003 09:58AM
Posted by: Didigp4
@chris

This is a problem caused by the 9.6 patch... jsut replace the helmets files in your "cars" directory with the ones in the 1995 "cars.wad"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy