1995 Betatester needed!

Posted by Ghostrider 
1995 Betatester needed!
Date: May 22, 2003 07:25AM
Posted by: Ghostrider
Hi guys
I need some Betatesters for the 1995 Mod for gp4! And i also need a Person which finds out all correct coordinates for helmet, Steering Wheel and Arms with the GP4Teaker. If someone wanna do one of that or even both Send a mail to Carshape_Project@gmx.de and you will get the downloadlink.
There are some bugs which i can't solve e.g. if i press Escape in the game the game crashes back to desktop. Does anybody know whats wrong?

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Re: 1995 Betatester needed!
Date: May 22, 2003 07:34AM
Posted by: b-tone
i just played a 6 lap race, and at the Race Over it also crashes to dtop.
but i'm only using the wads and perf files - how can a wad crash after its been used?
there was about 8 or 10 failures too (quite alot for 6 laps). is the perf file made for full distance, or was 1995 unreliable, or was it just bad luck ?

It is amazing tho :)

____
Tony

Date: May 22, 2003 09:18AM
Posted by: Johnny
Ghostrider just 1 question what you going to do about the tracks?
Date: May 22, 2003 09:33AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
They'll just have to use the original GP4 tracks or maybe change the adverts to 1995.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 22, 2003 10:29AM
The Performance File is done for full RAce length. And yes we have to use the original gp4 tracks because the trackeditor isn't finsihed.

Regards Andy
Date: May 22, 2003 10:41AM
Suppose you could try to get some of the tracks which were the same in 95 as they are now e.g. Imola, Monaco, Montreal etc. . . and change the graphics

Date: May 22, 2003 11:08AM
Posted by: senninho
I'd like to test it if possible, but i can't acutally find a download page! is this just me not looking hard enough?

/edit ignore me, i didn't read the original post properly!

*slaps self with wet fish*

Post Edited (05-22-03 18:18)

Date: May 22, 2003 11:24AM
Posted by: anze89
I would like to be beta tester too

Date: May 22, 2003 12:14PM
It's not a public Beta! You have to send a e-mail to Carshape_project@gmx.de then you will get the download link.

@Ianwoollam
Yes sure but i need somebody who will make that graphics because i'm a carshape not a painter.

Regards Andy
Date: May 22, 2003 12:25PM
Yeah good point, When testing, the problem when pressing ESC is present, but it also occurs when testing or recalibating graphics, and at the end of every race for me. Noticed a few graphical errors in driver selection, e.g. Brundle's helmet having McLaren sponsorship, Herbert's helmet Lotus sponsorship etc. . . but thats easily fixed, I'm gonna copy over every file one-by-one to try to pin point which file is causing the crashing when pressing ESC. Other than that it seems an excellent mod!!!! pitty we can't get teams like Pacific and Simtek in there, Damn Geoff Crammond!

Post Edited (05-22-03 19:27)

Date: May 22, 2003 12:51PM
OK, I've tested every file and it seems to be a problem inside the cars.wad file, rest of the files seem OK.

Date: May 22, 2003 12:58PM
Posted by: Ellis
Well simtek did die early on in the 1995 season

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 22, 2003 01:01PM
Yeah, but it would have been nice to have a complete set of teams, but like you say, they did die early on.

Date: May 22, 2003 01:53PM
WOW! This is a fantastic WAD, even more so because it's still a beta. Well done to everyone involved.

Just one thing though - i use a keyboard, and it changed the key assignments for some reason - brakes are normally z, but they change to y. even when i made a custom set up, they changed back.

Otherwise, (i'm getting the esc key crash too, but that's already been brought up), there's really nothing to fault

Date: May 22, 2003 03:04PM
Ghostrider :- I found that the problem with the ESC crashing to desktop was to do with the Helmets you put into the cars.wad file:-

car_helmet_00.gp4
car_helmet_01.gp4
car_helmet_02.gp4
car_helmet_03.gp4

When I changed this to my 2003 Helmets, the 95 Mod worked perfect with no crashes to desktop. I've got a feeling its the new helmet shape if you made one. Otherwise the mod seems perfect!! Great Work!!! (Hope you can make a 1996 one!!! lol!) I'm gonna try to modify the helmet positions now.

senninho :- Check the GPXPatch key assignments, it may have been set to y in there by accident.

Ian

Date: May 22, 2003 05:07PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
This is looking good!

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: May 22, 2003 10:42PM
DAMN!!! Without this Shape the helmettextures won't work will see what to do to fix it!

Regards Andy
Date: May 23, 2003 01:16AM
@ianwoollam, thanks for the advice, but i have GP4 9.6 and gpxpatch 3.33 does not seem to like it (invalid .exe). D'ya think it would work with a newer version?

Date: May 23, 2003 02:08AM
senninho:- Possibly, I at first had this problem, but I think I re-installed the 1995 mod without GPXPatch which was provided with the mod, as I'm running with 3.36, i'm currently running the patched version with 3.36 with no problems, worth a try!!

Has anyone got a decent side on picture of the Sauber C14? I've got a feeling the helmet's a bit low down in the current car but I can't find a decent side on picture of it racing!

Ian

Post Edited (05-23-03 09:34)

Date: May 23, 2003 05:37AM
Posted by: Caelen
ok just tried it and initial ipression is very impressive.Must immediatlely point out to low spec users that a lot of effort must have gon into the lods because i actually get a better occupancy than with the default cars.(1gig piii geforce 2). cars look really good.
problems:
.ctd on escape, as above.
.clipping in cockpit view, cockpit sides disappear, especially noticeable when turning head. much more noticable when visor turned off. I came across this problem when making cockpit shapes and the only solution i found was to push out the cockpit sides to an unrealistic degree, see default cockpit.
.wet tyre treads look knackered in cockpit view but ok in external view, seem ok when moving but stuffed when stationary.

suggestions:
.smaller, round steering wheel would be nice.
.perhaps the sparks could be made larger and more spark like than default, as to how to make them appear more frequently, god knows.

overall first impression: bloody marvellous.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy