How to edit keyboard keys assignments on GP4??

Posted by asw7576 
Date: May 22, 2003 03:52AM
Posted by: asw7576

I'm not use to current (aka. default) key assignments provided by GP4. I know I can edit a litle bit, but I really want to use LEFT and RIGHT keys ( cannot edit at all coz they are reserved ). Ditto with F1 key (auto brake), I want to swicth F1 position to F3, and vice versa.

Is there in anyways to mod the keys assignment just like in EA Sport F1 2002 games??

Thanks.

Post Edited (05-22-03 10:54)

F1 mania untill 50....
The keys cannot be changed to these keys, as GP4 is coded to use the D-Pad for views only, hence it cannot be changed, I think the same applies to the F1-9 keys, your best bet is to re-define some random keys on the keyboard which have the same layout, for instance, 'I' Accelerate, 'K' Brake, 'J' Left and 'L' Right. Something similar to that.

Post Edited (05-22-03 11:24)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: How to edit keyboard keys assignments on GP4??
Date: May 23, 2003 11:27AM
Posted by: asw7576
Are you sure?? Maann.... Actually I like this game better than F1 2002, coz it's easier to drive and more like arcade games.

I wish someone with "hacking talents" or Mr Geoff Crammond can make modification on "control menu" so it can be edited just like F1 2002 games.

Anyway... thanks for you info.... and very nice picture you got there. I wonder why Jaguar F1 Team use Ford F1 engine instead of making / using their own engine?? ditto with Jordan, Minardi and Arrows. Cost perhaps??

F1 mania untill 50....
Re: How to edit keyboard keys assignments on GP4??
Date: May 23, 2003 11:46AM
Posted by: sobpd1
I wonder why Jaguar use Ford engines? well Ford own Jaguar Cars and Jaguar Racing and also Cosworth Racing, so it would make sense to use your own engines.

Jordan also use Cosworth engines but badged as Ford`s, due to a marketing deal with Ford of Europe.

Minardi also use Cosworth engines but this is a deal only with Cosworth Racing.

Jaguar Cosworth CR-5 90deg V10
Jordan Ford Cosworth RS-1 V10 (last years CR-4 75 deg. V10)
Minardi Cosworth CR-3 75deg V10
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy