GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
I also don't really see what's wrong with it.
We've had other seasons that took a bit longer as well. But the primary issue for the length of this season is the lack of RDs. We could reduce the number of races but we'd nonetheless be equally slow without people RDing them. The same goes for tracks. If somebody is willing to create a TSM track pack or at least collect all remaining tracks and adapt the magic data for them, we would probably progress a little quicker. And then we could decrease the boost deadline from a week down to 3 days, but I already see people whining over not enough time to get their boosts in.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also don't really see what's wrong with it.
> We've had other seasons that took a bit longer as
> well. But the primary issue for the length of this
> season is the lack of RDs. We could reduce the
> number of races but we'd nonetheless be equally
> slow without people RDing them. The same goes for
> tracks. If somebody is willing to create a TSM
> track pack or at least collect all remaining
> tracks and adapt the magic data for them, we would
> probably progress a little quicker. And then we
> could decrease the boost deadline from a week down
> to 3 days, but I already see people whining over
> not enough time to get their boosts in.

I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with having longer breaks between races, but with seasons taking over a year to complete. Might be just my personal view on this though.

Except Watkins Glen, CPE and Bathurst all tracks have been in the calendar last season, if nothing was wrong with those and someone (Ruben, Greg, Stu?) still has them that would already reduce the workload. Uploading those to a permanent mediafire/dropbox etc. account would reduce workload a lot, just needed to sent the links to the RD then. Kind of a GPGSL track collection, without public access though for permission reasons.

As for the boost window, I never understood the problems. I thought they can be sent in at any time (even before the window opens) as long as it is before deadline and in correct form.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Totally right Tobi. That's how the boost window works. Nonetheless it's always the same that many boosts come in just an hour or two before the deadline end.

As for the tracks, Stu had all those tracks from last season. But currently we can't reach him and that means that we'll have to set something up by ourselves. But I agree that a cloud with preset tracks is something we have to get up and running, exactly for such cases where an important person drops out.

I have S8 Sepang and S9 Monza (also S9 A1Ring, but that shouldn't be used again), S10 Melbourne, S10 Suzuka and S10 Donington. Also the fixes for Kyalami, Dijon and Jerez made by Ruben, and the Montreal CC-line fix by Ed.

Mediafire has 10GB free (I still have 50 ;)), Google drive 15GB, don't know about others.

Some mods
Shouldn't be too tough to get something together in terms of having all tracks available. Is there anything asides from AI errors, pit stops and race length that needs to be edited in the magic data? Other than that its just checking to see whether the specific version is suitable?

I'll have a look through what I've got, with my database I've ended up with a lot of versions of various tracks. (Which reminds me, I need to update that!)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Fuel, gear ratios and wings, failure chances, spin recovery range eventually (I still remember the 100th race at Paul Ricard). Maybe more, Ruben will know for sure.

Some mods
kedy89 Wrote:
> Fuel, gear ratios and wings, failure chances, spin
> recovery range eventually (I still remember the
> 100th race at Paul Ricard). Maybe more, Ruben will
> know for sure.

Gear ratios and wings :-O. Well whoops, unless the track has noticeable issues with failures/spins/fuel I've been severely under preparing any tracks I've RD'd... ;)
I guess I shall leave the track updates to the professionals then, my versions won't be correct.

truecrysis schrieb:
> Gear ratios and wings :-O. Well whoops, unless the
> track has noticeable issues with
> failures/spins/fuel I've been severely under
> preparing any tracks I've RD'd... ;)
> I guess I shall leave the track updates to the
> professionals then, my versions won't be correct.

Doing that ever since I had a race at Monza where wings were set to 16/18. Not fun watching the cars crawl around this track with 300km/h max :D. Also it's hard for cars to pass if they hit the revlimiter to early.

Some mods
kedy89 Wrote:
> truecrysis schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gear ratios and wings :-O. Well whoops, unless
> the
> > track has noticeable issues with
> > failures/spins/fuel I've been severely under
> > preparing any tracks I've RD'd... ;)
> > I guess I shall leave the track updates to the
> > professionals then, my versions won't be
> correct.
>
>
> Doing that ever since I had a race at Monza where
> wings were set to 16/18. Not fun watching the cars
> crawl around this track with 300km/h max :D. Also
> it's hard for cars to pass if they hit the
> revlimiter to early.

Hmm it's something I've not thought about as I've always focused on the event being competitive/correct rather than optimising speeds. Makes sense though, especially with the overtaking so I'll look out for it in the future. I guess its one of those things that is great to have if the tracks are prepared quickly/in advance, whereas I've always wanted to get the track testing done ASAP to get the event started.

Indeed fuel, gear ratio and wings are not a necessity. The GPGSL rules demand set ratios for errors (unless the track produces too many incidents with this setting), pit stops (1 for everybody) and race length. Everything else is up to the RDs mood and skill concerning magic data. We rather have a standard data that works than an improved ones that just causes other issues. However, if a track is proven working like this, there's nothing wrong in tweaking the magic data a bit.

I can set up the md for future races if nobody has a problem with it.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Cant see what´s wrong with the calendar either. Its good as it is.
Pedersen Wrote:
> Cant see what's wrong with the calendar either.
> Its good as it is.

(2)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
No problem with calendar's length. And no problem if a season takes more time than expected at first.
We're not in a hurry, we don't need to have the next race run as soon as possible, so take your time, we're all just there to have some fun.

EricMoinet Schreef:
> No problem with calendar's length. And no problem
> if a season takes more time than expected at
> first.
> We're not in a hurry, we don't need to have the
> next race run as soon as possible, so take your
> time, we're all just there to have some fun.

That's right Eric... we're all here to have some fun !

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Just a note, from March 23 until now.

Already 2755 messages on this post... just showing how fast it goes here ;)

... and with this one 2756 !!!

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 03:14PM by Brett Sinclair.
Then you use a driver boost together with a team boost and finishes as low as possible anyway
I'm surprised the rain percentage isn't higher for Donington, this IS England we're talking about here.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Scritto:
> I'm surprised the rain percentage isn't higher for
> Donington, this IS England we're talking about
> here.

Maybe is in a part of England where it doesn't rain that much???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
TheVSATrooper Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Scritto:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm surprised the rain percentage isn't higher
> for
> > Donington, this IS England we're talking about
> > here.
>
>
> Maybe is in a part of England where it doesn't
> rain that much???

Gibraltar?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy