GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
As Demon Racing Test Driver, I am very happy with the 3rd that I achieve in Free Practice, outscoring my teammate. Beautiful debut!
the issue I guess is the slight randomisation of BHP values done by GpxPatch.
if needed, I know from my own experience on RaceDepartment that 11 BHP has a big enough effect with still a slight chance of someone else taking it.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
What's this breakaway series on Race Department? There a team slot for a team with a bit of prestige?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @#$%&.
>
> I'm so done with this. Remember when this was fun?

Mr. Horner, is that you? ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Nice driving by SCR drivers they managed to score some points looking forward to the next round :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> What's this breakaway series on Race Department?
> There a team slot for a team with a bit of
> prestige?

you mean with progressements from previous seasons?
for GP4, this one the most I'd say.
[www.racedepartment.com]
other two are actually focused against that ;)
I've just got the infos from experience of running my own game.

but the monetary system we use rewards a team that does well in the first few races with good results for the remainder of the season.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

miki2000milos schrieb:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What's this breakaway series on Race
> Department?
> > There a team slot for a team with a bit of
> > prestige?
>
> you mean with progressements from previous
> seasons?
> for GP4, this one the most I'd say.
> [www.racedepartment.com]
> -formula-one-career-season-2001.111729/
> other two are actually focused against that ;)
> I've just got the infos from experience of running
> my own game.
>
>
> but the monetary system we use rewards a team that
> does well in the first few races with good results
> for the remainder of the season.

That's not at all different here in the GPGSL. Teams that have a good start into the season usually do better in the end, too. But what are you guys expecting? Before the changes, it was the backmarker teams that had no chance and were complaining. Now it's the top teams complaining that their dominance is gone. But the only thing that was seriously changed was the boost system. So how comes that if the boosts don't work, backmarker teams were able to catch up with dominant teams of the past? Listen to yourselves, your logic is unlogical.

We felt that with those compromise-changes we did, we established an environment that is fairest to everybody without stripping the top teams completely off their past efforts. If we return back to the old system, we'll soon see new teams leaving the series because they don't have a chance again. And then, the top teams won't have anybody to race but themselves!
If it becomes clear that more than just a few frustrated people are for another rules change, send propositions of detailed changes to the GPGSL account and we'll try to make a working solution out of it that we'll bring up for discussion. But it should be clear to everybody that there'll always be individuals complaining over the current status.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I think we must keep the boost system, but we have to make it more efficient by increasing the values.

I wish also we go back to the rules of S7, after that it became too random.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
What a strange race... drove around in lot of places in the race and finished 4th after my teammate Carlos on 3th place.

Congratulations to you Carlos with your 3th place on the podium and I'm glad we scored a lot of points for the ONE Team in the end.

Are you all still having fun... let's all go to the next round then.

Greetings from Austria... time to party (B)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
I'm with John on this one, though I completely understand Dan's point. I really think the boost systen can be revamped to be actually relevant, like in the GPGNC. When I joined I sent a boost of 500/500 (maximum), being used to GPGSL, I thought it would get me mid-grid, maybe steal a point. It got me 5th. The next race I didn't send a boost and ended up last. For the final one boosted maximum quantity again and ended 4th. That is a useful system.

GP4 is random, yes, but I feel that with so many changes we've made to try and please everybody (which may be wrong in a real series but we're all at least trying to have a good time, so we can do that), we've made it even more random. I'd sure hate being 1st and spinning without a reason, and this happened TWICE this race. My opinion is that we've got to stabilise a bit the random factor here, so that everybody's close, but we don't see the madness we saw now and in other races.

As to the point of building up a team perf, I want to point out that real life teams do not always get better and better. Look at Ferrari. They were crap in 09, OK in 10, crap again in 11, from crap to great in 12, crap again in 13-14 and they're great now. Heck, look at Mercedes, they were nowhere to be found just 3 years ago! I feel that it is an acceptable factor, however, as everything, it can be looked at.

Lastly, and more importantly, I strongly suggest we leave this discussion aside for now and pick it up after the end of the season, when we can always make and test changes. I'm all for some modifications if that's what it takes to keep this series together. We are here to have fun. I had fun now ending up 3rd, and I had fun last season being nowhere. Maybe that's just how I am.

Those were my...

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Many things need to be correct here. So, WDC and WCC on fight again!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
What an awful race for AMR, pleased I managed to get the fastest lap despite my early trip home though

well to be honest I'm a bit for a balance rather than going to anything.
I'd say higher boost values, and lower variation values (250 works alright in all RaceDepartment series)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

JohnMaverick schrieb:
> That's not at all different here in the GPGSL.
> Teams that have a good start into the season
> usually do better in the end, too. But what are
> you guys expecting? Before the changes, it was the
> backmarker teams that had no chance and were
> complaining. Now it's the top teams complaining
> that their dominance is gone. But the only thing
> that was seriously changed was the boost system.
> So how comes that if the boosts don't work,
> backmarker teams were able to catch up with
> dominant teams of the past? Listen to yourselves,
> your logic is unlogical.
>
> We felt that with those compromise-changes we did,
> we established an environment that is fairest to
> everybody without stripping the top teams
> completely off their past efforts. If we return
> back to the old system, we'll soon see new teams
> leaving the series because they don't have a
> chance again. And then, the top teams won't have
> anybody to race but themselves!
> If it becomes clear that more than just a few
> frustrated people are for another rules change,
> send propositions of detailed changes to the GPGSL
> account and we'll try to make a working solution
> out of it that we'll bring up for discussion. But
> it should be clear to everybody that there'll
> always be individuals complaining over the current
> status.

If you look at the backmarker/new teams from back then, Snake and MAC, they're still not any bit closer towards the top as the new rules/system totally screwed the order. AMR and MPR are still frontrunners, Shadow and especially TNR were put to the midfield/back end. And new teams like One join and start winning straight away. Before the changes you at least knew that you'd progress with time and teams dropping out. Now it appears to be even more random than it was before. Good perfs on driverside and being a long running team (i.e. in for several seasons) no longer seem to matter.

Ferrari2007 schrieb:
> What's this breakaway series on Race Department?
> There a team slot for a team with a bit of
> prestige?

[www.racedepartment.com]

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 08:03PM by kedy89.
You can have differing opinions on this, but I personally think it's very poor behavior to advertise racing series from other forums within the GPGSL thread. If you're bad losers and jealous of those that were down there and now enjoy their moments of success, then share your experiences by PM, stop moaning, leave the series and go somewhere else, if you think it's so much better there. But you don't have to poison the atmosphere to those who are still enjoying this series. Sure you can be frustrated over a bad result or a bad season, but what some of you guys currently do is just really bad sports.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I am not advertising, I am just giving ideas/constructive criticism.

The only link I put was because Dan requested one.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 07:35PM by miki2000milos.
After my frustration after the first few laps, it's nice to recover to a net 9th place. I scored quadruple the points I managed in the first six races!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Tough luck for AMR this time

Turbo Lover schrieb:
> I think we must keep the boost system, but we have
> to make it more efficient by increasing the
> values.
>
> I wish also we go back to the rules of S7, after
> that it became too random.

+1

But on a related note, I think the main problem of this series is the fact that people take it way too seriously and no change in rules will be able to fix that. F1 is often criticized for the amount of politics that is going on there but sometimes i have the feeling that we're no better.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I'm sure looking forward to European GP next time! Loads of opportunities and competitiveness can be there.
Activity Check Results

Two weeks ago, my mind was elsewhere,
I forgot to do this but instead, contrere;
John was a star and sorted it out
Discovering none who were out for the count.

But I'm back on form, I remembered the check
Away from cries of "turd", "bugger" and "feck".
To make the deal sweeter here's something else fun;
Who was away? The answer is NONE.

Pat yourselves on the back, but don't disappear;
In two weeks' time, I'll check who's been here.
The 25th of October?! Doesn't time fly!
Be here. If not, then poor Jakey might cry...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy