SB Live ! 5.1 no digital

Posted by Boomy 
SB Live ! 5.1 no digital
Date: May 21, 2003 01:28AM
Posted by: Boomy
Who of you have this sound card ?

Mine works pretty fine but of course not very well with GP4.

How do you have set the sound ? ( 2D ? 3D ? EAX ? etc.. )

Where can I find latest drivers ? Cause on Creative site I downloaded 19MB of drivers but they are fake and they do not work.

Thanks

Boomer
Re: SB Live ! 5.1 no digital
Date: May 21, 2003 02:39AM
Posted by: Catmageddon
I have the card also, I'll check the settings when I get on GP4.

Mine also is a little shaky when it comes to GP4. I do have better drivers than I started with, but not great. I'll see where they came from.

What driver version is yours?
Date: May 21, 2003 10:17AM
Posted by: Orpheus
boomy - nice to see you being more active round this forum l8ly :) i missed your threads :)

yah i have the card. i have the platinum one. the original drivers were absolute crap. i downloaded a couple of drivers since i got the card and it works fine. its pretty good in gp4 actually, not the best but its better than normal sound cards. i use EAX sound. doesnt slow gp4 at all.

Where can I find latest drivers ? Cause on Creative site I downloaded 19MB of drivers but they are fake and they do not work.

they aint fake. first you have to get a certain version of drivers that were released l8 last year b4 you can actually update to the latest drivers that are released, maybe thats why they dont work on your machine. it shd specify below the download that you need to dl a certain version first b4 you can install anything else. ive downloaded about 80mb worth of drivers since i got em last november and only the recent drivers fixed my problem with remote center and stuff.

if you have trouble finding the drivers just ask me and ill try and find the links for em. :)

hope this helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 21, 2003 02:59PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I have the SB Live 5.1, I could never get the sound working properly with the original drivers in GP4, after downloading the newest drivers, seems to work perfect with 2D Acc and 3D Acc. EAX works perfect too. Sounds amazing with surround sound system! The drivers I used are the newest SoundBlaster Drivers which can be installed without having to have the older drivers present. These drivers are for Windows 2000/XP only, anyhow I've uploaded the Win2000/XP drivers for you, the links below, if you need Windows 95/98/ME drivers just ask and I'll upload them for you.

www.take2.dsl.pipex.com/LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe (23MB)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 21, 2003 03:50PM
Posted by: Orpheus
when were thay released ian :-o

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 21, 2003 03:59PM
10/03/2003 , they were the newest drivers avalible.

Date: May 21, 2003 04:02PM
Just decided to upload it to my own Personal webspace, save you having to rug through the Creative website!!

Date: May 21, 2003 04:34PM
Posted by: Denis Young
Thanks Ianwoollam

Really apreciated, i am downloading them now... hope this will improved the game somehow.

:)

DYoung

Please be patient i'm a driver in progres!
Date: May 21, 2003 06:16PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I`ve installed the new drivers in march but got other problems with eax 3d sound in gp4. Also the drivers make battlefield 1942 crash back to desktop.

To get NonSoundproblems in GP4 do following.

Install the drivers from April 2002, then install the drivers from August02. Deinstall them completely and install the old drivers from april again.

Now the sound is ok - no problems. Dont know why but think if deinstalling the august drivers one ore more files will be available and not overwritten when you install the old drivers again.

For me: I`ve deactivated 3D and EAX sound (in monaco all on cause of eax) because the sound features costs more than 10-15 frames :( .

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: May 22, 2003 01:14AM
Posted by: Koolpapy
I have this card...
It doesn't work properly with GP4 on Win98 SE
I'm looking for the best driver where can I download it?
Thanks!
Date: May 22, 2003 03:54AM
If you can't get the soundcard to work properly in 98, firstly try the lastest drivers avalible (I've posted a link below, these drivers are only from April last year). If this dosn't work try decreasing the Hardware Acceleration (not in GP4) in Control Panel\Multimedia\Advanced Properties (Playback)\Performance. By turning it off alltogether it gave me a 10fps improvement, However the sound quality is poor. This is the only driver avalible so its either this driver or the original drivers on the Installation CD.

[www.take2.dsl.pipex.com] (19MB) (Extract and run SBL51.exe)

Date: May 22, 2003 04:57AM
Posted by: Boomy
Hi ,

I solved my GP4 sound/ PO problems deleting from HW profile the SB Live ! and putting back the motherboard sound card PCI 128.

GP4 have gained several fps and now it works fine.

Damned GP4 !!

Anyway I have reached the will :)

Could you please post the W ME drivers link ? I downloaded them from Creative site but they don't work :(

Thanks in advance

Boomer
Date: May 22, 2003 04:59AM
Win ME Drivers are above, same as 98, but I'll put the link in again below!
[www.take2.dsl.pipex.com]

Post Edited (05-22-03 12:00)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy