Pitstands

Posted by Slasher 
Pitstands
Date: February 24, 2015 04:31AM
Posted by: Slasher
Hello Everyone.

Decided to learn a bit more about carpainting, modifying tracks etc. this year.

Ive always liked Mr Pibbs Pitstands and muppets and have inserted them into tracks before.

However what i would like to do is place these stands into tracks that they weren't originally made for, for example Abu Dhabi.

Below is an image of a track with i believe PLUS pitstands, however i cant seem to work out how to delete these pitstands, if
of course its possible at all. Ive gone through all the scenery files, yet cant find them anywhere, and cant click and select them
like other parts of scenery in there. The only part of those pitstands i can select and delete are the screens within the pitstands.
Are these pitstands "hardwired" into the track, if thats the correct term?

Another question i would like to ask, within GP4Builder, is it possible to click on a selected item and move it with the mouse to
another area within the track, or is the only possible way to do this, is via the co-ordinates? Just for ease of placement thats all.

Thanks for the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 04:32AM by Slasher.
Re: Pitstands
Date: February 24, 2015 01:00PM
Posted by: Prblanco
For your last question, press F6 to change the mouse mode from move camera to move object. It's also an icon in the toolbar (and there's also rotate and scale object next to it).

For your first question, I can't see your screenshot so I can't say for sure, however there's no such thing as a "hardwired" object, it has to be in the .gp4 file somewhere. Use the "show selected scene only" button to narrow your visual search, or use the Search tab.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Re: Pitstands
Date: February 25, 2015 10:26AM
Posted by: Slasher
Thanks very much for your help, appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy