z3d to 3ds

Posted by timtoffee 
z3d to 3ds
Date: February 14, 2015 11:23PM
Posted by: timtoffee
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice. I have made a fantasy mercedes for my gp4 and I wanted to make a render for it to use. I export it in zmodeler to render it in blender. When I import it into blender I only get one part of the car....The monocoque.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can get the whole thing into blender and make the render. Of course as always any help will be much appreciated.
Re: z3d to 3ds
Date: February 15, 2015 01:22AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
When you export to .3ds, all the "Object, light and camera names are limited to 10 characters."

Any objects (meshes) with names over 10 characters, Z-Modeler will - I believe - not export.

'CPIT' is OK whereas 'This_is_a_cockpit' is not.

So check that first.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: February 15, 2015 12:33PM
Posted by: Excalibur
1- You have to uniteselect all the objects of the car to make 1 object. With the rectancle easy selector tool, sellect all your objects, then Create/Object/ Uniteselect and click on 1 of the object of the car.
2- Select the whole car with the rectangle easy selector tool and click on the "Faces" button- Deselect the faces (select-None)
3- Select by material. And Create/ Object/Detach. Name your object created by the same name than your material. Do it for each texture. If you have got 4 materials for, example, you will have 4 objects, at the end.
Important: As said above, the materials must have short names (less than 10 characters). If not, rename your materials into Material editor, such as mclaren1.tga, mclaren2.tga, mclaren3.tga etc... Don't forget to rename your images textures, too and reload them into Material Editor.
4- If you have got tyres, do the same: Rename the materials of the tyres, such as mclaren5.tga and mclaren6.tga, for example. Select by material, create/Object/Detach.

This is the way I prepare the car before to export it into .3ds format for 3dsmax or Photoshop CS5 to make a render. So, this way, I haven't got any object or texture missing. Hope it can help.

An example here of what you should get at the end before to export your model into .3ds format:

Once your .3ds file is imported into your 3D software:

Hope it can help...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: February 15, 2015 01:22PM
Thanks guys I will try that... Hopefully I can lol and then I can show off my fantasy 2015 cars..... Tyres is something I could do with but not got any unfortunatly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 01:30PM by timtoffee.
Date: February 15, 2015 01:51PM
Posted by: jvinu2000
3ds files sucks, just use zmodeler 2 to export the model to .obj and then open it with any 3d software
Date: February 15, 2015 03:11PM
Posted by: Excalibur
timtoffee écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks guys I will try that... Hopefully I can lol
> and then I can show off my fantasy 2015 cars.....
> Tyres is something I could do with but not got any
> unfortunatly.

Wheels are into your cars.wad. (car_wheel front_lod0 and car_wheel_rear_lod_0). Import them into zmodeler. Make a copy and in top view, choose local X axis, then Modiy/ mirror and modify /Reorient to get 4 wheels (2 for left and 2 for right sides). Then, you just have to move them to set their positions, regarding your car.

Or you can merge these ones with your car. They are ready. You will have to detach the front wheels from the rear ones , probably, depending of the lenght of your car...
[www.mediafire.com]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 03:12PM by Excalibur.
Date: February 15, 2015 09:30PM
Thanks for the advice guys but I'm about to give up and just carry on painting the other cars. My Zmodeler v1 won't let me import or export and I have no idea what I'm doing. Zmodeler 2 I can get a 3ds from it but I don't know how to move things. I can get it into photoshop but the texture is backwards.

Maybe I'll just do screen captures instead I can actually grow a brain and learn this stuff ASAP.
Date: February 18, 2015 01:21PM
If I can't get it figured I will either show the cars from z modeler or in game. Only a few teams left to do for my fantasy 2015 season
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy