How to delete the grooves from the original tyres?

Posted by LuiGigi48 
How to delete the grooves from the original tyres?
Date: January 04, 2015 06:44PM
Posted by: LuiGigi48
Hi guys! I want to delete the grooves from the original tyres of GP4. I tried to modify the textures (michelin_tread_0_right_0, michelin_tread_0_right_1, michelin_tread_0_right_2) making them completely black, but ingame I can always see the grooves.

How can I delete them?

Ciao;-)!
Well, that's a good idea. I don't know, I think it should work then. Can you explain me exactly all the steps you did to get your own black painted treads into the game? Maybe there is the mistake, that's why I'm asking. :-) ;)
Re: How to delete the grooves from the original tyres?
Date: January 04, 2015 11:23PM
Posted by: raceheart
you have to do the same for the bridgestone treads, because the tyres on your screen are bridgestone ones
Well, I think he did, otherwise he would have mentioned that it's only at Bridgestone tyres, but I think it's clear to rename both.
Date: January 05, 2015 07:37AM
Posted by: Stoopid
There are plenty of grooveless tyres available to download, just do a search.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
That would be my second idea as well.
Date: January 05, 2015 01:18PM
Posted by: vesuvius
If you only edit textures to make grooves dissapear, you will have to edit the alpha channels of the textures as well.
Date: January 05, 2015 01:21PM
Posted by: gezere
did you check also the alpha layers of the tex file?
If the grooves are also present in the alpha layer, there is a good chance that they will be still visible in game...
However, as mentionned you will find much better tyres (shape and texture) released by the community
without have to do any change ;-)

Date: January 06, 2015 02:12AM
Well, the fact is that I want to make a mod with new and old cars which have tyres with grooves or not, so if I download tyres without grooves, then I should insert them to the textures because of the cars, understand?

However, how can I check and modify the alpha layers of the tex files?

PS: I also modified bridgestone tyres, but the result is always the same, I can still see the groves.

Ciao!
Date: January 06, 2015 10:55AM
Posted by: NickJW
When you convert the .tex to .tga, you open the .tga file in photoshop.
In photoshop you can select the tab layers and there you can see the color layers and also the alpha layer :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Maybe your issue is not in the .tex files themselves but in the way you assign them to the cars. Did you change something in the perf files in the Tyres section ?

Date: January 06, 2015 05:43PM
Posted by: gezere
I can confirm that the grooves are present in the alpha layer.
Not a surprise. So you need to edit it.
If you want with and without Grooves, modify only one (Bridgestone or Michelin) and do not change the other

Date: January 06, 2015 08:51PM
Okok I did that and it worked, the grooves were in the alpha layer.

Thanks gezere and everyone for the replies, you've been very helpful!

Ciao e grazie ancora;-)!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy