GP4 Screen problem... I think I've seen this before somewhere

Posted by tlm70 
jpg

Hello all. I haven't booted up GP4 since my last rig kicked the bucket (pre-2005 AMD machine) a little over two years ago. Now I'm running a Core2 Duo 6600. The last GPU used in the old machine was the Nvidia 8800 Ultra. Now I'm using a Radeon 4850 HD because the 8800 had issues with the new mobo. I'm using the same OS from the old machine as well (XP SP2). The other GP4 mods such as 1991, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005 and 1988 have no probs running but 2006 gives me some kind of dark shade covering most of the screen. I feel as though I've seen this before and fixed it, but I can't seem to remember for sure. Any ideas for a fix?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 09:04PM by tlm70.
Do you have some kind of gpx panel filter enabled?

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Now that you mention it, I had forgotten all about the gpx panel filters. I turned off one called defpanel and that solved the problem! Do you have any idea what that panel was for? The name seems familiar but I don't remember having to toggle it for anything. I have the 2006 mod and other mods zipped in separate folders ready run, calibrate the graphics and play once unzipped so maybe I accidentally toggled it before I zipped it.

I'd have never figured it out without you clue... thank you so much!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 10:09AM by tlm70.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy