Lost track loading pictures

Posted by LarryM 
Lost track loading pictures
Date: May 17, 2003 04:31AM
Posted by: LarryM
Suddenly I don't have any track loading pictures. Balck screen and progress bar. Also when I hit pause. I get a grey screen. Game works as before though (same problems as before, I mean :( ) Anybody else experienced this?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Lost track loading pictures
Date: May 17, 2003 05:11AM
Posted by: CeeGee
See the thread: "Cat 3.4 Drivers from ARI". It appears to be connected to the drivers, but for some reason it isn't affecting me (yet!)
Date: May 18, 2003 04:06AM
That's cos you installed them properly, I suppose. Using safe mode and "Driver Cleaner" I got my menu pictures back and gained 100 3d marks. I'm still looking for about 2000 marks that belong to me, damnit. hot

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: May 19, 2003 12:50PM
Posted by: ramoats
Larry....I'm a blank menu sufferer with cat 3.4 drivers....but here was my driver install procedure...

1..Uninstalled drivers
2..uninstalled ATI controll panel
3..rebooted to safe mode/cancelled auto detection/ran driver cleaner/ran file search for ati*.* files and deleted found files
4..rebooted into regular mode/installed drivers
5..rebooted and installed control panel

Did I miss something you can see or think of???

RA Moats
Date: May 19, 2003 09:42PM
No, that looks just about right. I think I did the install in safe mode also- not sure. There is an sdditional tool called cab cleaner -recommended nut not essential. I didn't use it. Below is the readme procedure from driver cleaner:

"Driver Cleaner 1.5
Cab Cleaner 1.0
Copyright (c) 2003 Ruud Ketelaars.
All Rights Reserved.

It works on all windows operating systems.
For more info check the help file.
Also check Cab Cleaner and the help file.

--------------------------------------------
First Time Usage for XP/XP SP1
--------------------------------------------
ATI:
1. Unplug nic card or modem from net or disconnect
2. Remove ATI driver from add/remove programs then remove CP from add/remove programs
3. Reboot into safe mode (F8 during boot up)
4. On reboot into safe mode winXP SP1 will auto detect and install drivers. Just let it do its thing. If you can cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard then skip the rest and run Driver Cleaner! If you can NOT cancel out of auto detect wizard then...
5. Navigate to device mgr->display adapter->uninstall and/or remove ATI display adapter but do not reboot
6. Run Cab Cleaner (not needed, but recommended)
7. Run Driver Cleaner
8. Empty recycle bin and reboot
9. Install the new drivers and control panel"

I foolowed these instructions to the letter; try it again
Good luck

Larry
Date: May 20, 2003 10:20AM
Well I did a reinstall....following the instructions precisely, also with cab cleaner (it cleaned the driver cab, but not the SP1 cab)...set everything up again.....same result.....so....now I need to see if it's a setting or something else.....it's really odd that they are ok untill you go into control panel.....

RA Moats
Date: May 20, 2003 01:59PM
Ok I figured it out.....it's the anti-alias. When the drivers are first installed the control panel has them set to defaults....application prefference. So the menu backgrounds and pause screens appear normally. As soon as you activate 2,4 or 6x antialias the problem occurs, the menu screen fleshes for a split second then goes black....the replay pause screen is a solid color rusty orange. Game play itself is incredible....much faster and smoother.

RA Moats
Date: May 20, 2003 02:33PM
Posted by: CeeGee
Just tried activating antialias and got the same results. On installing the drivers I had left it on application preference, which is why I had no problem.
Now, can somebody explain why - or is this yet another GP4 peculiarity.

CeeGee
Date: May 20, 2003 02:39PM
Since this problem didn't exist in previous versions on Catalyst drivers, it is a new issue introduced by the Cat 3.4's. I've filled out 2 feedback reports to ATI and posted the same on the 3.4 discussion forums....

RA Moats
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy