Translation Help

Posted by Madman271 
Re: Translation Help
Date: May 18, 2003 12:18PM
Posted by: Vader
Full translation:

Hi ricky.

Even if "Keine weiteren Runden mehr möglich!" surely is more unambiguous, I still think that madman is right in one respect: the shorter the better.

The reason why my German is considerably good may be that I am German myself.

Btw, the last one calling me a liar had to carry his ears back in his hat. ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 18, 2003 12:51PM
Posted by: Morbid
Hey Vader, he called you "Lier" not a liar. I must admit, I have no idea what a Lier really is, but it sounds kinda cool. Maybe it's even something that one would like to be called...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 18, 2003 01:22PM
It's either a town in the

Netherlands (not Netherworlds!!!)

[www.delier.nl]

Belgium

[www.2hwy.com]

or Norway

[www.lier.kommune.no]

Post Edited (05-18-03 20:25)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 19, 2003 01:59AM
Posted by: Madman271
Amazing foreign language checker. Great job. :)
At least, I won't put my ears in Vader's hat. ;)

Back to topic. I've been receives some mails asking me what translation is for. Actually it will be used for my current 2003 qual rules tweak project. It won't replace or overwrite original GP4 language files, so don't worry about it.

I'm sorry I can't define other languanges than supported by GP4. However, thanks to many people who send me the language translation from many countries.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 19, 2003 02:47AM
Just a little thing:

In terms of realism, you should maybe not use the word "player" (Player turn now). Since this is a sim, you should rather use "driver" instead.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 19, 2003 06:02AM
Good suggestion.
However, that message shown only when "human or player controlled car" should leave the pits for qual time, and wouldn't shown to AI cars. If I'm using "driver turn now", it may little confused.

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: May 19, 2003 07:26AM
What about simply: "It's your turn!". I think with "your" it is pretty obvious whom you are talking to.

Post Edited (05-19-03 17:03)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 19, 2003 10:09AM
Hmmm... This idea better than mine. Why I never though before. Can you give it in Deutch? And perhaps the other languages? :)

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: May 19, 2003 10:28AM
Posted by: ricky
Well, Vader has already give you the German translation for "It's your turn" with "Los gehts!", because in Germany we decide if someone is our friend and well known (then we say "Du";) or if someone is not so well known or isn't a friend (for example in bussiness, we say to the boss "Sie";). Vader has solved this problem ("Player turn now" would have meant "Sie/Du sind/bist an der Reihe";) for German language :-)

BTW: If you may correct you, Madman. If you would like to say German in German language you have to say "Deutsch", not "Deutch" :)
Date: May 19, 2003 10:49AM
If you may correct you, Madman

Is there another Madman? :)

OIC, well not modification then. Forget 'bout the request, Vader. Sorry about the "Deutch/Deutsch" thing. I don't know if I used it with the incorrect one. Why no one notify me before? This is a bug. :)

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: May 19, 2003 11:19AM
Posted by: ricky
LOL, sorry, I wanted to say: If I may correct you, Madman :)

Hope, you have sorted out your bug :)

ricky

Nachricht bearbeitet (05-19-03 18:19)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy