Zmodeler+carshapes

Posted by chaosgp 
Zmodeler+carshapes
Date: May 16, 2003 01:34AM
Posted by: chaosgp
Does any one have or know where to get versions of the new carshapes that have come out that can be viewed in Zmodeler as most of them cant be viewed
Re: Zmodeler+carshapes
Date: May 16, 2003 02:03AM
Posted by: b-tone
i think if you open them and save them in GP4 Genius, they will then be unlocked and Zmodler viewable.

____
Tony

Date: May 16, 2003 11:28AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
b-tone is right. If you load a carshape with Gp4Genius and save it, then you will be able to import it in Zmodeler.

Date: May 17, 2003 03:57AM
Posted by: andrew_S
yeah, it will but that defeats the idea really, the idea is to not allow people to rip off other peoples work by modifying it, by locking it, i think genious shouldnt do that tbh

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 17, 2003 04:14AM
zmodeler is good for viewing textures tho, and the shape needs unlocked to use in zmodler doesn't it?
most people will ask before releasing a modified shape of another author. wouldn't they?

____
Tony

Date: May 17, 2003 04:30AM
Posted by: Spike02
yes, but there are some sick puppies out there who'll no doubt rip off shapers works

Date: May 17, 2003 06:25AM
Posted by: chaosgp
well i have unlock some carshapes but i only wanted them so its easier to make custom liveries so i use Zmodeler to view them
Date: May 17, 2003 07:08AM
the best way to learn shaping is to modify, and if/when i do a shape i'll be starting from another shape (probly an original not to upset anyone), but i'd only release with the original authors permission. and i'd try doing something very different to the original -not just altering wings or something.

____
Tony

Date: May 17, 2003 07:40AM
Posted by: Spike02
the sense of achievement is immense if you do start from a default GP4 shape. i'd know, and a few of the people in the forum know that too

Date: May 17, 2003 07:55AM
what are the originals like to work on? do they tend to be more on the simple side, or more detailed?

____
Tony

Date: May 17, 2003 04:38PM
Posted by: erwin_78
The originals are like prehistoric shapes comparing with the ones we release... In any way, it's a hell of a job which can't be finished in just 1 week.
It doesn't really matter what you use. They all have bugs and some kind of structure, which you probably change anyway. If not, why do you care?

I base my base to the mapping i want to use, because i hate mapping :)

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: May 18, 2003 01:50AM
Posted by: _Erix_
Once you have unlocked a car with genius you can edit it in ZModeler. After importing it into ZM you should save it as a z3d file (standard ZM file). When you export it to a .gp4 you should use capitals as extention: car.GP4.

You'd better use the new cars to paint on because they have a more logical texture mapping compared to the originals. Some (like Arrows) are really messy and full of bugs. The new cars are easier to paint because we spent more time mapping the car and working out the detais.
Date: May 18, 2003 01:55AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
I've based my CART carshape on BAR original one, because it has a simple mapping. But I finished changed it at all. So, if you want to do a good car, you have to start from the original one (to not upset anyone) that's more ideal for you, make the shape as you wanted it and then mapping it changing almost everything (because orignial mappings are very very weird...)
Hope you'll find this useful

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy