Hey Everyone, I'm new here...

Posted by norseS4 
Hey Everyone, I'm new here...
Date: May 15, 2003 08:48AM
Posted by: norseS4
and as a lot of others, I can see, I'm struggling with fps.... Just installed a brand new GeForce 4800 Ti , and I DO NOT GET A FASTER GAME F*****g S***
My previous card was a Voodoo5500 slightly overclocked but still...

Any adwises would be greatfully recieved

Specs: Athlon 750 Mhz, Asus K7V, SB Live, 700 Mb SDRam.... ALL THE NEWEST DRIVERS FROM SUPPLIERS HOMEPAGES>>>

Greetings
NorseS4

Re: Hey Everyone, I'm new here...
Date: May 15, 2003 09:12AM
Posted by: tux
hi, welcome to vaders netherworld :P

do this....

in advanced sound options, put other cars volume as 0 (gave me a 10fps increase!!!)

for the ppl who it doesnt matter if theres sound, put every sound option to 0 (gives another 9fps)

on the main site, download mager toms gfx cfg (in game data catagory) that gave me 15fps more.

on dads pc, it went from 16fps to 34

Date: May 15, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: sasjag
Jon judging by that ur maths is horrendous

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 15, 2003 09:55AM
Date: May 15, 2003 10:32AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
welcome.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: May 15, 2003 10:34AM
Posted by: Vader
@norseS4

Welcome to the world's best Gpx forum.

@ dUmAsS

Don't expect to get paid for your role as a herald.

Post Edited (05-15-03 17:37)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 15, 2003 10:35AM
Posted by: Pooky
yo dude.

welcome to the forum of no return

Date: May 15, 2003 10:50AM
a what :s

Date: May 15, 2003 11:29AM
A herald? Is that what you are asking?

Pronunciation: 'her-&ld
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French hiraut, from an (assumed) Germanic compound whose first component is akin to Old High German heri army, and whose second is akin to Old High German waltan to rule -- more at HARRY, WIELD
Date: 14th century

1 a : an official at a tournament of arms with duties including the making of announcements and the marshaling of combatants b : an officer with the status of ambassador acting as official messenger between leaders especially in war c (1) : OFFICER OF ARMS (2) : an officer of arms ranking above a pursuivant and below a king of arms

2 : an official crier or messenger

3 a : one that precedes or foreshadows b : one that conveys news or proclaims : ANNOUNCER <it was the lark, the herald of the morn -- Shakespeare> c : one who actively promotes or advocates : EXPONENT
synonym see FORERUNNER

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 15, 2003 11:38AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

lol

vader how on earth do you have so much information ready at hand??

Date: May 15, 2003 11:48AM
called www.dictionary.com :P

Date: May 15, 2003 12:06PM
Posted by: Pooky
or www.thesaurus.com

or www.ineedalife.com

Date: May 15, 2003 12:07PM
Date: May 15, 2003 12:15PM
Posted by: Xero
lmao powerhouse!

@norse... as I found out, upgrading your graphics card alone will not make a big difference! It's CPU power that GP4 needs... 750MHz isn't that much these days!If you can afford to upgrade ur cpu, u will notice a big difference!

Date: May 15, 2003 12:30PM
or

www.VADER-knows-all-since-he-is-educated.com

or

www.VADER's-claws-of-iron-will-rend-the-nosey-smartasses-in-here.com

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 15, 2003 12:54PM
Posted by: Tony
Quote by Xero as I found out, upgrading your graphics card alone will not make a big difference! It's CPU power that GP4 needs... 750MHz isn't that much these days!If you can afford to upgrade ur cpu, u will notice a big difference!

I really think you're right you know. Absolutly. Reason being, my Pentium 4 2.66 with a modest Radeon 9000 64 meg runs the game as good as any I've seen round here, and that means people with "top-of-the-range" cards (Radeon 9700 pro/Geforce TI4600 etc - whatever etc is;)

I *WAS* going to get a Radeon 9700, or 9800 shortly, and was considering a Geforce FX 5800 too. They aren't cheap though, at a few hundred qwid a board. However, if it means I have to pay £250-300...(or more), for a card that *may* SLOW the game down, I would be a foolish person to think about it in the first place. However, if a Radeon 9800 played Grand Prix 4 at a *better* Frame rate/PO, (like from 34 frames to 38, and PO 70 to 60) then I wouldn't be a fool, but please don't call me a wise man either.....I don't play ANY games on my PC. All I "Play" is GP4. Nothing else. Just not got the time and resources for that.

It WAS my impression that a Radeon 9700 would take my frame rate from my 32fps/PO=70. to (at least) 50fps, with the same PO - and with all details on (including Environment mapping). Well, I just can't see this happening. I can't. I really do hope that Larry (the Elder:)) gets his problem sorted out ASAP, because with a Radeon 9700 pro, and a Athlon 2400 to boot, and playing the game at SUB 30 fps, it makes me afraid. Very afraid. I hope Larry has had some sucsess with the f1graphics.cfg (or whatever!). That said....shouldn't larry be getting great FPS/PO with an out-of-the-box load?, and NOT have to worry about cfg/younameit/files etc??, this game should fly on a 2400 Athlon.Radeon 9700. anyway, sorry for writing so much as to bore the pants of ya, but this game (err simulation I mean), needs to be sorted out I think. F12002 runs at 90-110 FPS on my system, and that is @ 1280x1024 res. I need say no more, save perhaps, that GP4 looks much better, and if f12002 looked as good, would it still run at good FPS?. Hmm......

Anyroad

I've knot sspell checed thiz pozt, sew pleyse fourgive herrors thad a cured;)

Tony

Post Edited (05-15-03 19:58)

With the ever increase in technology, the word "impossible" should be used with caution - if at all
Date: May 15, 2003 12:56PM
Posted by: Morbid
Welcome to the best GPx forums around, norseS4.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 15, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: Tony
Quote by DuMaSSdo this....

in advanced sound options, put other cars volume as 0 (gave me a 10fps increase!!!)

for the ppl who it doesnt matter if theres sound, put every sound option to 0 (gives another 9fps)

on the main site, download mager toms gfx cfg (in game data catagory) that gave me 15fps more.

on dads pc, it went from 16fps to 34

Sorry Dumass, not sure what you mean here. I just tried what you said (like I did a few weeks back), but there is no difference whatsoever. for the test I chose the Monaco track (1280*1024 res), I set my Frames to 40. OK then, it was "PO 108" at 7th on the grid, and my "FPS" went down to 37. Thats ok, however, I turned all the sounds off (not just other cars) - so I couldn't hear a thing (just to see what result I would get) the result is the above.

When I changed back to my usual settings (Volume at 80 on all (<>10), it was EXACTLY the same. 108 PO, and 37 FPS (from a pre-set 40 in graphics setting. I'm not saying you haven't got good results here DumbAss, it's just that it didn't make a single difference from where I'm standin. I mean, when you "Reduce" the volume down on the "other" cars, all you are doing is turning the Volume down isn't it? - it's not like the Audio/Sample rate settings I wouldn't have thought, but just a Volume reduction. ;) I'm not moaning though, as i have good FPS/PO, but I was wondering if anyone else as benefited from this??

Tony
Date: May 15, 2003 02:56PM
no, dont use po. just hit test in the gfx menu po = nothing really

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy