gap177 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good morning Excalibur, thank you for the quick
> reply.
>
> 1- Textures installed correctly. (I resized the
> textures-reduced by half.)

> 2- Tyre models installed correctly.
> 3- Using the correct version of GpxPatch (4.43)
> and performance file loaded.
> 4- Checked gpxset.ini and it is configured
> correctly.
>
> Tried running the game and I still have white
> tyres.
>
> Are there any changes required to the graphics
> file?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Glenn (Cdn)

1- Ok, please, could you just try to use the original textures without reducing the size? If it works, it means that you didn't use the correct settings to convert the original tex (DXT5, full transparency, mipmaps= 4 )

2- If it doesn't work neither, make a backup of your f1graphics.cfg file and try mine: [www.mediafire.com]
Just replace these 2 lines by your own screen resolution:
1920 ; [RELEASE] Game 3D Horizontal Resolution
1080 ; [RELEASE] Game 3D Vertical Resolution

@enzo1981: same thing with 2-

...maybe one or several f1graphics settings to modify, indeed but difficult to say.Let's just try step by step. Also, tell me if you are using a mod...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2015 04:53PM by Excalibur.
Re: Pirelli Tyres 2014-2016 - Excalibur - Update[RELEASED]
Date: December 12, 2015 05:38PM
Posted by: gap177
Excalibur, thanks again for the support. I play GP4 old school - non csm. Each track has its own cars.wad (ie: cars_nurburgring2001.wad). I only use gpxpatch and gp4tweaker. I tried both solutions noted above and i still have white tyres. I did notice the tyres were rotating with your graphics.cfg, using my graphics.cfg, the tyres were not rotating.

Glenn (Cdn)
@Glenn: Ok, so my f1graphics is correct, you are using a non csm mod, like me, good gpxpatch, gp4tweaker etc...

Could it be possible for you to send me your cars.wad, please? I need to check some things... and also, just your gp4tweaker.ini file

Yes, about the f1graphics and the rotate wheels , I think that your f1graphics was set to 1, although it should be set on 0.
0 ; Rotate wheels via textures v2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Pirelli Tyres 2014-2016 - Excalibur - Update[RELEASED]
Date: December 12, 2015 06:57PM
Posted by: gap177
Excalibur, see below for the files you requested. I also uploaded the gpxset and performance file as well.

2014 German cars.wad

cars_nurburgring2001.wad

2014 Tweaker Settings

gp4tweak

2014 Gpxset Configuration Settings

gpxset

2014 German Performance File

2014_Rd10 Germany

Glenn (Cdn)
Thanks Gleen, I will have a look as soon as possible ;-)

It is. I also experienced this type of problem. the fact is that if in the [TyreTextureNames] contains the line:

Name #00=ultrasoft

for the 1st, this problem (white tires) appear. the solution I found was to rearrange this line to the last position (12th). then everything works perfectly. someone has or would have any better suggestions for this situation?

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
@phantaman: If the ultrasoft work for you when they are assigned to the 12th line of the [TyreTextureNames], this is probably because you didn't give the good number to your [TreadTextures]

If Name #00= ultrasoft
Into the [TreadTextures], Team #07=0 (for example, if you want that both cars of this team wear the ultrasoft) ...and not Team #07=00

I hope that this solution will help ;-)

Look at my performance file for others examples:

[TyreTextureNames]
Name #00=ultrasoft
Name #01=supersoft
Name #02=soft
Name #03=medium
Name #04=hard
Name #05=advanti
Name #06=apptech
Name #07=bbs
Name #08=enkei
Name #09=motegi
Name #10=oz1
Name #11=oz2
Name #12=rays

[TreadTextures]
Team #00=1
Team #01=1
Team #02=1
Team #03=3
Team #04=2
Team #05=2
Team #06=2
Team #07=0
Team #08=0
Team #09=0
Team #10=2

You can also give different tread textures for each driver of a specific team:

Example:
Team #00=0,1

So, 1st driver will use the ultrasoft and driver 2 will use the supersoft.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 01:40PM by Excalibur.
I tested this solution on the MoD compiled for gp4forever. in this MoD, there are two variables to test performance/physics. the traditional way (without ultrasoft or with ultrasoft in the 12th line) works Ok.
but on the other hand when I tested with material produced by Gitanes this problem occurs (white tires). everything he did, is identical to that reported above by you.

following example:

[TyreTextureNames]
Name #00=ultrasoft
Name #01=supersoft
Name #02=soft
Name #03=medium
Name #04=hard
Name #05=advanti
Name #06=apptech
Name #07=bbs
Name #08=enkei
Name #09=motegi
Name #10=oz1
Name #11=oz2
Name #12=rays

[TreadTextures]
Team #00=1,1
Team #01=1,1
Team #02=1,1
Team #03=1,1
Team #04=1,3
Team #05=3,1
Team #06=1,3
Team #07=3,1
Team #08=1,1
Team #09=1,3
Team #10=3,3

[WheelTextures]
Team #00=5
Team #01=11
Team #02=6
Team #03=11
Team #04=9
Team #05=10
Team #06=6
Team #07=11
Team #08=8
Team #09=7
Team #10=11

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
I tested even three different types of treads at the same time, e.g. Soft, Medium and Hard. everything works 100% OK! (No ultrasoft or ultrasoft the 12th line).

ultrasoft as 1st line, then I get white tires as a side effect

Strange... as it works for me (no CSM mod)

Could you check that the ultrasoft are into the tyres folder of your carswad again, please? you should have 12 ultrasoft files into it...

hammm ... I solved the problem. ;-)

It was a small variable in .csm file (main folder) and one more thing I had to change. everything works fine now and I have in the fields related to the tires and their textures put just as Gitanes did. Thanks for your help. (B)

Ok Phantaman! ;-) I am not familiar at all with CSM so I couldn't really help... But I am glad that you fixed your problem ;-)

[screenshot.sh]

What am I doing wrong?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 10:37AM by konzert.
Hi!

Open your f1graphics.cfg file from your main Grand Prix 4 directory and check this line:

0 ; Rotate wheels via textures v2

It must be set on 0 (and not 1)
When modified, save your f1graphics.cfg file. It is done! ;-)

It works. Thanks Exbcalibur.
Hi Excalibur,

It seems that with the Monsoon tyre there is no blur applied to the half speed & full speed tyre tread:

Could you check this and correct it? Thanks. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
If i may ask, have you also made the Pirelli Tyres 2017-2018 and if yes, is there a way to get them?

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
I would also like to know. because I'm finalizing a 2017 MoD (for CSM ..aka ZaZ GP4 Tools). Some upgraded helmets are missing. The cars are those converted by the RSCT group from a MoD of the ACFL game. But, they are and are not the same cars .. they have been well modified and are quite different.. I'm saying this because I do not want problems with anyone here. What should I do? Without the endorsement of the RSCT group this MoD will not see the light of day. So, no use asking me for download links by PM (including there in GP4Forever) .. I delete all messages with requests of this type. Thanks. ;-)

PS: I'm thinking of a MoD 2018, because material to compile I already have (understand as you wish) (Y)

do these look good enough for you guys? if u like there might be a release next week

What could we want more than that?
Fantastic!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy