Problem with helmets

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Problem with helmets
Date: September 10, 2014 11:31PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Hello, I downloaded the ARAI 2006 helmet template from this post [www.grandprixgames.org] and it might be great but when playing the game with the painted helmet the textures are displaced (colours on the visor and visor on the top or back of the helmet and so on). hot Anyone an idea what I did wrong? Can somebody check this issue please? Thanks. :-)

Greetings, TGF1DRIVER
Re: Problem with helmets
Date: September 11, 2014 12:02AM
Posted by: Excalibur
1- Are the textures flipped correctly?
2- Don't forget also to replace driver9_1, 9_2, driver10_1, 10_2 and driver21_1, 21_2 textures into your main Grand Prix 4/ Cars folder

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 11, 2014 01:08AM
The helmet looks fine in ZModeler and it's driver 1, because I did just one own helmet for testing. Any other ideas?
Date: September 11, 2014 01:24AM
As I said, if your own driver1 tga looks fine into zmodeler but not in game, you have to flip the texture when you convert it into tex (option "flip" into Slimtex).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 11, 2014 01:28AM
There was the option "flip" when converting. But what about "Macros"? Helmet_1 for driver1_1.tex and Helmet_2 for driver1_2.tex is that right?
Date: September 11, 2014 01:37AM
No, don't worry about Macros or prefix for helmets: DDS format (DXT5, for example), full transparency,width and height by default, number of mipmaps=4 and flip. that's all.

Date: September 11, 2014 01:39AM
Posted by: Foreverk
no, Helmet_1 macro is to make it DXT1 compression and Helmet_2 to make it DXT5 compression.
Date: September 11, 2014 01:52AM
Now I have converted it to tex once again with "flip" at "yes" and Macros at "Helmet_1" for both tga-files. But it's the same again. Frustrating. hot
Date: September 11, 2014 02:02AM
Macros are pre-settings compression that you can use or configure but better is to do it manually at the begining to understand all the settings needed and how it works ;-)
If you prefer to use the macro directly, ok. Better is to use helmet2 in that case (for both textures). You can also configure your macro and into the settings, select yes to flip the texture automatically so that you have not to do it manually each time...

Date: September 11, 2014 06:06PM
Well, now I converted both textures on "Helmet_2" and with flip. Slimtex converts driver1_1.tga but driver1_2.tga causes an error log! :-O Unfortunately you can't read the error log, it appears just as a little empty window! :(
Date: September 11, 2014 06:41PM
Send me your tga by pm, please. I will have a look at it...

Date: September 11, 2014 07:07PM
It has nothing to do with my tga, because even the original tga of the download is shown wrong ingame after converting it to a tex-file. And using the gp4-files of the download makes the mistake even worse! So I would prefer that you check the whole template for mistakes, you can find the download link in my first post above. Thanks.
Date: September 11, 2014 07:17PM
I know the Araï 2006 template from Eugénio as I used it by the past. There is nothing wrong with it.
If the textures match well with the shape into Zmodeler but not in game, I see only 2 issues possible:
1- You didn't replace the Araï 2006 shape into your wad.
2- Textures problem...

Are you playing with a CSM mod?

Try to post a picture in game, please.

Date: September 11, 2014 08:49PM
No, no CSM. I never use CSM. Do you mean the gp4-files I should replace into my wad?
Date: September 12, 2014 01:37AM
Well, finally I solved the problem: I have to use the gp4-files of the ARAI template and then, I took the driver1_2.tga upside down and horizontally flipped, converting then without flipping to tex. In ZModeler, the texture is shown wrong now, but in the game it is shown right! (Y) :-)
Date: September 12, 2014 02:46AM
Posted by: Briere
Excalibur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As I said, if your own driver1 tga looks fine into
> zmodeler but not in game, you have to flip the
> texture when you convert it into tex
>
Basically what Arnaud said there ;)
Date: September 12, 2014 03:11AM
I don't know. Someway it was confusing because ZModeler has first shown it wrong, then right because I flipped the tgas and then wrong again because I flipped it back to have it right in the game. ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy