Questions: Why?

Posted by SpeedDriver 
Questions: Why?
Date: August 15, 2014 03:56AM
Posted by: SpeedDriver
Why cars, except some, are outdated at least in small changes of colors and sponsors? Same for engineers and pit crew.

Why designers and filmmakers circuit at least not update the view with the banners on each circuit?

Why some helmets are updated and others not?

Why do we have a sleeping or engaged community and staff do not speak each other's work in daily life, perhaps to something else and then not used to this great invention of Geoff Crammond has been so great as to support these remains, because it is seriously the best simulator?

Thank you all and apologize to anyone who has not liked my questions.

SD
Re: Questions: Why?
Date: August 15, 2014 05:50AM
Posted by: mortal
It is because people have lives outside of Grand Prix 4. If you were a modder, you would know how much work is involved in producing a track or a car. Many hours are given up, so you can have something that closely resembles the real thing. To say that this community is sleeping or not engaged is offensive and I take umbrage with such a comment.
Be grateful for what works are given, keeping in mind that they are FREE for you to use. This site is also free for you to be a member, however we do rely on the donations of kind users to pay for the bandwidth and server hosting.
If you are not happy with what is being offered by the members of this community, I respectfully suggest that you take it upon yourself to learn the craft and contribute work that you would be happy with.
I run this site, and as far as I'm concerned, the modders here are the heart and soul of this community and they deserve respect for what they do. It is their valuable contributions that keep the game alive. You will not find better anywhere else. So, like I said, either be grateful for what is given, or learn to do it yourself.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 15, 2014 11:01AM
Posted by: flying
mortal Wrote:
> the
> modders here are the heart and soul of this
> community and they deserve respect for what they
> do. It is their valuable contributions that keep
> the game alive. You will not find better anywhere
> else.

(Y) Agreed
Very appreciative of the great work given freely here,
Date: August 16, 2014 03:40AM
Posted by: Briere
As I once said a few weeks ago, I have many many unreleased works sitting on my PC. I just need time and motivation to pack and upload them (3 or 4 sounds, some steering wheels). Not posting works immediately upon being ready doesn't mean nobody is working hard on new stuff. I have so many WIP sounds, many reference photos ready for new steering wheels, but I have so little time to make all of them. Especially this week as I volunteer for the hot air balloon festival in my hometown.

Here are some examples of what I had time to do during the last few months :

Of course there is an alpha layer to properly mask the whole thing !

As seen in my Villeneuve/Spa video

As seen in my Frentzen/USA video

Plus the sounds for the 2007 McLaren and Ferrari, 2009 Brawn and McLaren and an update to the 2004 Renault sound.

So yeh, I've been very busy, even during my holidays last month, but thast doesn't mean I don't intend to post what I've just had the time to make.
Date: August 17, 2014 02:01PM
Posted by: thehornet
i for one never comment on issues on here but felt this needed my input..i am not a modder or anything like that so if i wasnt part of this community then my gp4 would be very out dated.i see lots of work that people share on here and for us to use and would never disrespect there work because they put alot of time and effort and even heard once it cost someone there relastionship just to show us there work and keep this community alive.me i say well done to everyone of you who has given input for this great game.we should be thankful for what we have and i very much am happy to be here and be amongst fellow fans of a great game...so next time you make a comment that could upset someone remember....could you do better????...also please engage your brain before your fingers before making a comment because we have lost alot of good people who gave this game alot,all for us..i take my hat off and give a bow to everyone who gives input but please respect others...happy motoring xxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy