I decided to do some thinking...

Posted by Breadfan 
I decided to do some thinking...
Date: May 12, 2003 03:52PM
Posted by: Breadfan
..so I put my helmet on:

Would it be possible to copy & paste (import) a COCKPIT part of a carshape and use it in the car_cockpit_00.gp4 file?
Of course, this would be modified to some extent, but IMO would make a helluva more realistic cockpit view!

We could also be able to "convert" cockpit parts from all the latest carshapes (say Viper's Ferrari) and use it in GP4.

Whar do u think?
I actually think it's doable but how tricky it is - it's another issue.. :)

Breadfan

[www.forums.sportspavilion.net]
Re: I decided to do some thinking...
Date: May 12, 2003 04:01PM
Posted by: andrew_S
why dont you just make a new cockpit model? ;)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 12, 2003 04:08PM
Because it's more work to do and requires more time.
If we'd manage to it other way (read above) it would be much more easier, not to mention efficient.

Breadfan

Date: May 12, 2003 04:11PM
Posted by: sasjag
nope...you'd be quicker to make the new cockpit shape :P

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 12, 2003 04:23PM
I think this is a good idea and I will try it...if I could only find a way to "copy & paste" part of car to cockpit_shape_00.gp4...

Breadfan

Date: May 12, 2003 04:30PM
Posted by: sasjag
why not just deleted all the non wnated crap and save it asscockpit_whatever

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 12, 2003 04:40PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Its easier than you think Breadfan.

Choose the part you want to copy (for example a part of outher car cocpit). So simple choose the cockpit object and delete all not used parts.

Then remove all non needed objects from the gp4 file and export the part you want to - for example - newcockpit.gp4.

Then open the car_cockpit.gp4 and there you can modifiy it - merge it with the objects.

Dont know if i declared it correct but think thats a way.

Made it on this way with different shapes. As CDTP released 1st ferrari i copied and merged different car parts to other cars - remapped them and used them in my gp4.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: May 12, 2003 04:49PM
Check this:

Raw material...

Date: May 12, 2003 04:51PM
Then open the car_cockpit.gp4 and there you can modifiy it - merge it with the objects.

How can I "merge" that file inside cockpit_shape_00?
Can u be more specific?

Date: May 12, 2003 04:55PM
How can I "merge" ??? Yo! Schimmy! U there?

Date: May 12, 2003 04:57PM
Date: May 12, 2003 05:02PM
Yep - ì`m here.

Merging is simple - select the objects you want to merge on the right side. (You can do this with right click and select)

Then go to create/ objects/ unitselected and woala - its merged with a complete new name.

But have a look what i found out - think you understand what i mean.

Its the complete renault cockpit by schroeders renault. Its half as big as gp4 cockpit. And now - any ideas? How can we make the parts of car bigger - so that we can use them into cockpits.

P.S. I let the transparent window files in cockpit. What do you think - is this a way to have a real transparent window?

Anyone here?

Post Edited (05-13-03 00:05)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Date: May 12, 2003 05:12PM
I stumbled upon the same problem - size...It would be nice to resize it somehow...

Thx for info!

Date: May 12, 2003 05:17PM
I have a look to zmodeler if there`s a way to resize objects. Or 3dsmax - but it will take some time - I`m having privat trouble this time... ;)

Date: May 12, 2003 05:29PM
Posted by: andrew_S
scale, is how u resise, but whts the point, ur just getting a terably low detail cockpit as shown above, if you then took that, and built a high detail model around it fair enough, but otherwise there isnt much point tbh

all u do is take an original car and delete the area around the cockpit, position it and save it as the cockpit filename etc as has been said but its not worth it to be honnest, as the original cars have no cockpit detail correct shape granted, but in the actual cockpit, the cockpit walls etc, theres no real detail at all

you havent addressed the mapping issue, and there isnt a way to get transparency into a file where its not already present (i.e z-cockpit visor object) and no one will look into it seemingly :(

Post Edited (05-13-03 00:44)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy