F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
Re: F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP - Reopen!
Date: November 04, 2015 04:52PM
Posted by: Bandon23
Trident Racing

We showed our pace is pretty decent in practice for Zuber and Carroll, but in qualifying it wasn't a decent qualifying we expected as well. We're still going at the right direction and we hope we gain good points.
Toro Rosso

Wow. What a start to the weekend. The rest has clearly been good to us. Let's hope we maintain this form into the rest of the weekend.
Honda

Not a bad start of the weekend, expecting more later throughout the weekend.
Durango Qualifying Report
P18 and P19 in qualifying for us. Now we need to go for something better!
Great to see this back up and running again :D Could i possibly be placed on the manager waiting list please :)

I can't lie, I'm far too happy that this series hasn't bitten the dust :';)

Credit where credit's due Connor (Y)

And I'm liking the new results screens. Very simplistic but very nice to look at :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: November 09, 2015 03:21AM
Posted by: natasp
Great weekend so far

Sorry for the minor delay, I got up to running the sprint race and well... Almost everyone retired... So rather than that I'm going to tweak the settings and rerun. However the Saturday sessions should be uploaded tonight!

To be fair Jack it wouldn't have been anywhere near as easy without the great setup you have. And I can only give credit to Tobi for the results tables, they're all his work (apart from 1 minor edit on the F1 table ;))

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
if the ART cars didn't retire I am fine with the first one :-)

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: November 09, 2015 02:50PM
Posted by: kedy89
@John: I think there are a couple of free manager spots in the GP2 (at least according to the op). Connor should know more about it :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I think only one

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

miki2000milos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think only one

Post #2 says: BCN, David Price and Racing Engineering vacant. I'm the Durango manager as @F1_Manager didn't update both Post 1 and Post 2 yet.
fandericciardo3 Wrote:
> miki2000milos Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think only one
>
>
> Post #2 says: BCN, David Price and Racing
> Engineering vacant. I'm the Durango manager as
> @F1_Manager didn't update both Post 1 and Post 2
> yet.

exactly, most of those teams are filled too, as I said only one should be free

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

I don't want to shake things up as long as Connor is still setting up everything but rumors are that Red Bull's patience is over with the current team manger so that there might be an F1 spot free in the nearer future ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
F1 - American Grand Prix - Qualifying

Q1
With the sun shining the F1 drivers took to the track to try and save themselves from early elimination in qualifying. Early on Barrichello and Alonso seemingly struggled with the track as both saw themselves in the danger zone before putting in a lap that would see them through to Q2. Super Aguri and Williams continued their poor start to the season with both cars out in Q1, whilst Vettel found himself unable to match up to his team mate as he too was eliminated. The last slot went to Trulli in the Toyota who ended up only 0.012 behind Sutil in 16th. Schumacher took an excursion through the gravel trap at the end of the session but had put in a good enough time for the mistake not to cost him.

Q2
Q2 saw a rain shower which complicated the issue for several of the drivers. Whilst the conditions weren't wet enough to move off the slicks, certain drivers struggled and da Matta in the Toyota never worked his way above 16th in the session although he will feel an engine dying on his final run may have contributed to that. As with Q1, Q2 eliminated drivers in pairs and this time it was the turn of both Renault and both Spyker drivers to find themselves sitting out Q3. Barrichello missed the cut 0.019 to Webber, and he along with da Matta and Lotterer may feel a little disappointed with how the session played out.

Q3
By Q3 the shower was long gone and the track perfectly cleared up ready for the pole shootout. The Ferrari's took to the track and never looked back, with Ralf Schumacher taking the top spot with his first lap and being the only driver that managed to beat that throughout the session. Massa came close and Raikkonen in the McLaren wasn't too far behind, but a Ferrari 1-2 looks pretty imposing for the race. Both Honda cars looked relatively strong with Davidson doing a fantastic job to get onto the second row, whilst Coulthard, Webber and Heidfeld would have been content with Q3 let alone gaining 6th/7th/8th. Kubica in the second McLaren will have perhaps hoped to be nearer his team mate, and will look to make up the deficit in the race.

GP2 - American Grand Prix - Feature Race

Reliability reaks havoc as Pantano cruises to win

In what ended up as a battle to keep the car moving forwards, DAMS captured a far better performance than they were expecting as Pantano cruised off to take the win whilst his teammate Villa took a mighty 11 place to get 5th.

Off the start the top 3 drivers managed to hold their slots with Pantano stealing round the outside to grab 4th place. Mike Conway also managed a good launch off the grid and found himself up in 6th place by the third corner.

Several incidents of bad passing marred the first 5 laps, with both Chandok and Di Grassi returning to the back of the pack after contact at turn 8. They weren’t the only ones dropping back and poor pace from Nakajima saw him drop out of the top 10 rapidly, whilst Lapierre struggled with his ART car and quickly found himself in 19th. A topsy turvy opening for ART saw Filippi have the reverse fortune and creep his way into a points slot.

Lap 6 and despite the top four driving away from the field, the battle between them for the podium remained strong with Pantano taking 3rd away from Danielsson. One lap later and a lead change, as Piquet Jr out broke Albers into the first corner. He was quickly followed through by a fast Pantano, although the Arden driver managed to keep the fight to the Italian and the pair traded positions for the next few laps.

Further down the order and Filippi struggled hard to keep a train of cars behind him and out the points in the form of Rossi, Van der Garde, Carroll and Villa until his pit stop. On Lap 12 the first retirement of the race saw Mike Conway pull off just after the first corner with his engine letting go.

The action on the track became a little disjointed as many drivers headed in for their compulsory pit stop, although at the front the battle raged on with Pantano managing to gap himself from Albers and Danielsson taking advantage of the lapse to steal 3rd place for himself. The battle soon transferred to the pitlane, where DAMS pulled a fantastic stop to move Pantano ahead of Piquet Jr and into the net lead of the race.

With 16 laps down the second retirement of the afternoon as Danica Patrick found her Durango engine also letting go in a big ball of flame. Perhaps worrying about his own engine, or not enjoying the new set of tyres, Piquet Jr found himself slip a further two positions as both Danielsson and Senna made their way passed with ease. This only got worse for the Super Nova driver as Albers, Parente and Zuber all passed him to demote him too 7th.

With just 15 laps to go Danielsson found himself behind a slow Lapierre, trying a desperate move into turn 8. The resulting contact span Danielsson into the centre of the track with Albers, Rossi, Zuber, Parente and Piquet Jr all unable to get by. The event saw both Senna and Rossi profit greatly, the Super Nova car moving up to 2nd, whilst Rossi managed to jump 3 drivers in the chaos and move up to 5th.

One lap later and another fireball on track as the engine in the back of Lapierres car exploded to cap off what had been a bad race so far for the ART driver. Yet more incidents on track just one more lap on as Albers made contact with Danielsson into turn 8 and found himself way down the order before managing to rejoin. Rossi was around to profit from it all again, and stole his way into 3rd place passed the BCN car with Parente taking his team mate for 4th a lap later.

Further down the order Villa and Van der Garde had used the incidents of the race to catch up to the back and pass Nelson Piquet, whilst Zuber, Filippi and Wheldon contended for reverse grid pole. This fight quickly dropped down to just Filippi and Zuber as Wheldon dropped it wide after a mistake.

The last 7 laps saw reliability take hold of the event, initiated by the second Durango car breaking down at the side of the back straight. This was quickly followed by a double issue for Super Nova, first Piquet losing his slot in the points having to pit with an electrical fault, quickly followed by Senna retiring from 2nd place with a water leak with just 5 laps to go.

The result of this saw a mad dash for the last points, with Maldonado and Nakajima making a couple of overtakes each to move up the order. The pressure did tell on Lucas Filippi however as a mistake saw him throw away any points in the closing stages.

But it was Pantano who drove away faultlessly after his pit stop to claim his 3rd win of the season by almost 10 seconds. He was followed up by a very smart drive from Rossi in the DPR machine, and Parente to keep BCN’s strong season going. Villa in the other DAMS car made some fantastic moves to get a very strong 5th place, whilst both Racing Engineering machines followed him through. Arden may have hoped for a better race, but may look to make up for it with a strong starting position in the sprint race.

The traffic jam behind a spun Danielsson, with Senna taking full advantage

Senna looked distraught as he pulled off with a water leak from 2nd place

Pantano crosses the line to complete a dominating 10 second victory

Ok well the first page should now be up to date in terms of managers:
-KimiHeikki has been added to the F1 Manager waiting list, for whatever reason he wasn't there. I've put you in 6th, but if you think you're ahead of the guys above you let me know
-Thor553, fandericciardo3, NickJW added as managers for BCN, Durango and Racing Engineering respectively, you'll be sent the stuff for next round when that happens. Also added to the F1 Manager list in order.
-JohnWarrington added to the waiting list, you can take David Price Racing if you so wish.
-I have at least one confirmed F1 team without a manager for next round, so I'll be sorting that out once sunday events happen.
-I need to double check activity for everyone, but I just cut anyone that hasn't been active for next round, so other teams may pop open.

@John, I wouldn't worry too much about adding to my work. I'm definitly sorting out BMW Sauber for the next round so if you want to add Red Bull to the mix then be my guest ;)

Anything else I've missed, or done wrong just yell at me. There's a lot of details so theres bound to be something!

And finally, enjoy the coverage above.
poor

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

Toro Rosso

Not the dizzy heights of practice, but solid enough.
F1_Manager Wrote:
> Ok well the first page should now be up to date in
> terms of managers:
> -KimiHeikki has been added to the F1 Manager
> waiting list, for whatever reason he wasn't there.
> I've put you in 6th, but if you think you're ahead
> of the guys above you let me know
> -Thor553, fandericciardo3, NickJW added as
> managers for BCN, Durango and Racing Engineering
> respectively, you'll be sent the stuff for next
> round when that happens. Also added to the F1
> Manager list in order.
> -JohnWarrington added to the waiting list, you can
> take David Price Racing if you so wish.
> -I have at least one confirmed F1 team without a
> manager for next round, so I'll be sorting that
> out once sunday events happen.
> -I need to double check activity for everyone, but
> I just cut anyone that hasn't been active for next
> round, so other teams may pop open.
>
>
> @John, I wouldn't worry too much about adding to
> my work. I'm definitly sorting out BMW Sauber for
> the next round so if you want to add Red Bull to
> the mix then be my guest ;)
>
> Anything else I've missed, or done wrong just yell
> at me. There's a lot of details so theres bound to
> be something!
>
> And finally, enjoy the coverage above.

I'm happy to take over David Price Racing :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy