CSM problem

Posted by charliewatts55 
CSM problem
Date: April 01, 2016 07:00AM
Posted by: charliewatts55
Hi there,

I'm a long time GP4 player and i've recently purchased a new PC with windows 10. I'm trying to install GP4 with CSM but i keep getting an error message that says 'Not enough access to read from the registry. If you are running Windows Vista, make sure you are grant administrator rights to the executable. Right click the exe file and go to properties. Then run as administrator'. I've installed following the installation guide by MARCELO LOUREIRO. I've also tried to follow the ZAZ installation guide for Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie
Re: CSM problem
Date: April 01, 2016 08:48AM
My PC is a laptop with no disc drive. I've used the install from GP4 central and when i click on the GP4 file, a message says 'please insert CD'. I thought this was supposed to be cd free version?

Thanks
Date: April 02, 2016 03:37AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
With the CSM issue, I can't help you as I don't have Windows 10

With the 'please insert CD' problem; The no-CD version still checks if your computer has a disc drive.
A solution to this is to download and install a disc drive emulator, such as WinCDEmu.
That should allow you to create a virtual disc drive.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: April 03, 2016 06:50PM
Thanks for your help.

I've downloaded the app that you suggested but it doesn't seem to work with .exe files unless i'm being stupid. Any suggestions?
Date: April 03, 2016 07:12PM
Scrap that, i've sorted the cd thing, thanks!

Still an issue with Zaz.
Date: April 04, 2016 04:45PM
Hi guys, any help with the CSM issue? At the moment, i still get the same error message and when i try to install a mod CSM freezes. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Charlie
Date: April 04, 2016 06:13PM
Posted by: Jordhy
Use this file: [www.dropbox.com]
Date: April 06, 2016 02:57AM
Thanks Jordhy!

I can now get CSM working (sort of). I've run the 1994 mod but newer mods like the 1993 one say i need a new version of CSM. However, i cannot update CSM because i still get the error message 'Not enough access to read from the registry. If you are running Windows Vista, make sure you are grant administrator rights to the executable' so although CSM works it cannot be updated. I know i can change the 1993 mod's notepad file to ignore the newer version of CSM but the last time i did that the carset became corrupted! Any help guys?
Date: April 06, 2016 11:24AM
Posted by: TomMK
Use the version of ZAZ tools on gp4 central.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy