F1/GP2 Manager - 2007 Season - American GP -F1 Race Page 34!

Posted by F1_Manager 
On the other hand, I was really sure that it was somewhere announced that this would change with the new budget system. Cause I made my upgrades entirely based on this assumption. Basically, without this, I couldn't have bought any upgrade since now, with the upgrades bought, I barely have enough money left (from this season's budget) to buy an engine and breaks for next season. Let alone sign drivers. So, in this case you can considerRed Bull Racing bankrupt after this season.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I was planning to spend much of my remaining budget on this seasons upgrades working in the assumption that next seasons drivers are accounted for in the costs down in the op and wcc funding sufficient to buy engines, tyres, brakes and some left for upgrades.
JohnMaverick schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the other hand, I was really sure that it was
> somewhere announced that this would change with
> the new budget system. Cause I made my upgrades
> entirely based on this assumption. Basically,
> without this, I couldn't have bought any upgrade
> since now, with the upgrades bought, I barely have
> enough money left (from this season's budget) to
> buy an engine and breaks for next season. Let
> alone sign drivers. So, in this case you can
> considerRed Bull Racing bankrupt after this
> season.

I see, but I hope you also get my point. I too first assumed that we'll be able to use this season's wcc reward for buys for next season, but then thought better ask Jack first before screwing up massively. If I had made my buys according to my first assumption, I'd now have ~5m remaining budget instead of 36.5m.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Is remaining budget + wcc reward what will fund next season?

I'd prefer to negotiate at the end of the season, although as I am lady have 3 drivers sorted (and budgeted for?) I guess I'm a special case.
Racing Engineering

Fantastic result for Giedo! Pastor will get the hang of it soon.
Another unsatisfying result for Williams

My GPGSL Career
Super Aguri

Another bad result for us.
Yeah, I'm very much confused now.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Okay then, let's clear up a few things.

The Problem

- In every previous season so far the main budget that each team had was used solely to buy things for the following season, whilst only each teams testing budget was used for using their current cars.

- However the removal of the testing budget, combined with the move from traditional mid-season testing to managers buying upgrades whenever they wish, has led to a situation where many teams would no doubt be bankrupt or unable to purchase competitive packages for next season, and also for the rest of this season, solely using the money that they have now.

The Proposal

- What is being proposed is that the WCC Rewards that will be given out at the end of 2007 can also be used to purchase things for 2008. This is because by the old system the WCC Rewards for 2007 would only be able to spent on things for 2009 whilst the 2008 season takes place which due to changes that were made/me having no sense of foresight whatsoever, is no longer feasible.

Also on the topic of why certain teams have already have driver contracts filled out in the budget table in the OP, these are the teams who have drivers on multi-year deals. This is already taken care for you so you don't need to worry, you won't be over or undercharged at any point.

Oh yeah whilst I'm here everyone was active again so that's all hunky dorey, next window closes 20th August

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Gonna be off for a few days, gonna go for a 700km drive to empty and clean out my old apartment...
So if I understand correctly, the amount that is considered 'remaining budget' (table page 1, most right column) is the money you need to use to complete your 2008 line-up (drivers, engine, brakes). For Ferrari this means we have 34 mil to spend on engine and brakes since we got all the drivers contracted. Everything that then remains is available for car upgrades and/or next season.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Wrote:
> So if I understand correctly, the amount that is
> considered 'remaining budget' (table page 1, most
> right column) is the money you need to use to
> complete your 2008 line-up (drivers, engine,
> brakes). For Ferrari this means we have 34 mil to
> spend on engine and brakes since we got all the
> drivers contracted. Everything that then remains
> is available for car upgrades and/or next season.

Yes that's correct! :)

What is being proposed is that you will also add the WCC reward to your remaining budgets to buy for stuff for 2008.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

As for GP2 I suppose that we can (and already did) spend the money for this season, after the end of the season we'll get the WCC reward along with whatever was left from our budget and that becomes the budget we have for next season. Correct?
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> As for GP2 I suppose that we can (and already did)
> spend the money for this season, after the end of
> the season we'll get the WCC reward along with
> whatever was left from our budget and that becomes
> the budget we have for next season. Correct?

Also correct, as you guys have no left over money in the first place then we've no other choice to go that route ;)

Twigster151 Wrote:
> MDBSnake Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So if I understand correctly, the amount that
> is
> > considered 'remaining budget' (table page 1,
> most
> > right column) is the money you need to use to
> > complete your 2008 line-up (drivers, engine,
> > brakes). For Ferrari this means we have 34 mil
> to
> > spend on engine and brakes since we got all the
> > drivers contracted. Everything that then
> remains
> > is available for car upgrades and/or next
> season.
>
> Yes that's correct! :)
>
> What is being proposed is that you will also add
> the WCC reward to your remaining budgets to buy
> for stuff for 2008.

Right. Got it. This is how I assumed it was working anyway.
As I've already got drivers for 2008, I don't mind when those negotiations happen. For ease of organisation I think this should happen at the end of the season, or during a mid season break.

I feel that engines, tyres and brakes should come out of the wcc reward (not least because Toro Rosso will be bankrupt if not). As these negotiations take place at the end of the season I don't see a problem with this.
Some of these spending habits are comical!
Gutted for Mike again, but Valentino's getting into the swing of things now, and we're still in a decent position in the teams championship, especially as we've been conservative with our upgrades compared to most of our competition (Y)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
I will be on vaca from 18th to 22nd. Just putting that here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2014 09:25AM by ricktworick1.
It seems there is no actual discussion taking place. A few people say they figured the rules changed and others say they didn't. As a matter of fact, a few teams will be bankrupt if we stick to the old rules (which simply doesn't make sense to me). So, I think it's up to Twigster to decide how things are going to proceed so that we have a final decision everybody can work with from now on.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Well seeing as very few apparently have an opinion it seems we'll be abandoning the old rules then ;)

I'll have a think over the next few days over the more detailed points of switching to the new system before making an uber important official announcement but for now, all teams (GP2 and F1) are free to spend their future WCC rewards they'll be receiving at the end of this season now. If anyone is still a little confused then see my post further up the page, I felt that explained the situation quite clearly.

However I'll also add, as it would probably wise to get this out now, that you will not be punished at any point during this season for having a negative budget. You'll only incur a penalty, most likely in the form of a points deduction for 2008, if you are still in the red after you have actually received your WCC at the end of the season. Also negotiations, whilst not taking place solely after the season, will certainly not start as early as they usually do and not at least until around the time of the British and European GPs.

On a more positive note I've literally just finished running the F1 race for Sakhir so all the session have been run and won. All I need to do is condense my notes into readable English so expect coverage to start flowing through in the next few days :)

I'm glad we're closer to making a decision, and I didn't add any more to the discussion because I'd already had my say above - basically wcc reward for the season currently underway + remaining funds should be used to fund purchase of drivers (if contracts not already in place) and equipment at the end of the season. Upgrades for the current campaign should obviously be funded from existing funds. Was surprised there were not more opinions forthcoming.

It might be helpful for all if there's a bullet point summary of what the new rules are, posted at this point in the thread and in the op. It will probably get most attention if done during the race weekend (before the race results).

I also think we could be a bit smarter in the way the budgets are labeled in the table showing existing spending and remaining budget, as this (for me at least) was a little confusing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy