HELP!!!!

Posted by ferrariman 
HELP!!!!
Date: May 27, 2003 12:00PM
Posted by: ferrariman
Everytime i download some new car, the mapping of the textures is always wrong. Can somebody tell me how to solve this annoying problem.
Re: HELP!!!!
Date: May 27, 2003 12:02PM
Posted by: tux
u need to intall the textures for it

Date: May 27, 2003 12:04PM
How do i install the textures???
Date: May 27, 2003 12:06PM

How do i install the textures???
Date: May 27, 2003 12:44PM
Posted by: Morbid
If it is textures are in TGA, then use GP4masters tex workshop to put them into texfiles and insert them into cars.wad - OR - import them directly into cars. wad with CSC4.

If they are tex files, then import them with CSC4 and insert into the cars.wad - OR - unwad your cars.wad with GP4master, replace the files, and rewad - OR - you can use Wadupdater.

If carshapes do not call for the correct textures after you have put them insto the cars.wad, then see this thread:

[www.grandprix3.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 28, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: matti
What cars are you trying to install? If you are installing a new shape you need to make sure all of your car lods are matched to your new shape and texture. If you are installing new textures make sure you are overwriting your old textures.

Some newer shapes use special textures and tex names as the car designer sees fit. You aren't able to just rename a car lod and texture in the same, since the information that the car lod uses to fetch the texture in the game is only able to be edited using a hex editor.

Hope this is of some help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy