HELP: Cars white in high tex mode and disappear!

Posted by airjimracing 
which videocard are you using?
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 with an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8Ghz 2gb RAM

She's not much these days, but used to run GP4 pretty well.
Re: HELP: Cars white in high tex mode and disappear!
Date: April 29, 2014 04:51AM
Posted by: TomMK
Delete both your f1graphics.cfg and f1graphics.bak and force GP4 to generate a new one.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
and you can try my f1graphics

[www31.zippyshare.com]
Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know.(Y)
Well, I've been testing out different files and the fastest one is this: [www.mediafire.com]

The only problem is that the cars are all white.

Helmets & cockpits are great and fortunately they don't disappear anymore, but I don't get why they are white.

I've set the graphics to hi, eliminated the .bak, erased the other .tex files from the game but still no luck.
you have to change these three lines from 0 to 1 the f1graphics.cfg and save it, to avoid the white cars and it would be nice, if you could zip and upload your cars wad, i'd have a look at it

0 ; Increase car texture quality (1 on, 0 off)

0 ; Enable AdvancedCarShader v2

0 ; Full 32bit textures
Great, it worked! Thanks!

For some reason I noticed it's not as smooth as before, maybe it has to do with my graphics card?

Here's my cars.wad [www.mediafire.com]
nice to hear that it works now:) and yes it's a problem of your graphics card, it's a little bit old and has got less peformance for the new cars. The card can't handle the hi res textures and the hi poly shapes very good. But you can downsize the cockpit cp tex files and the 2014 generic tex files. Furthermore i'd advice to delete all the lod1 - lod4 of the cars and use only lod0 (force best carshapes in team editor) it makes the cars wad a bit smaller and i think it works a little bit better for your graphics card then

BTW, i've made the changes in your cars wad and you can test, if it's better now. You only have to select force best carshapes in teameditor. Here's the link for your new cars wad

[www32.zippyshare.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2014 01:36PM by quickslick.
Hey! Much smoother thanks a lot!

I'll be updating a few things in the game myself, such as grid cars, loading screens, performance etc...

I'll be buying a new desk top in the near future.

What would be ideal for GP4 to run at its best?
great to hear that it's smoother now, i'm glad to helped you :). About the desktop i have no clue, because i'm still using an old aswell. The only different to yours is, my graphic card is a gforce 8600gt. Maybe some experts can help you here :)
Look at build a pc.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Thanks for the advice mortal.

Quickslick, I notice that there are 4 Toro Rossos!!!

Caterham for some reason has the livery of STR. I thought it was the lods, but I changed it and nothing happened.

Any idea what's going on?
that's really strange airjim, because i've tested the wad and it worked well. But you can install the lod0 of the cars again with wadupdater and see, if it's ok then

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 09:37PM by quickslick.
I'll give it a shot.

I've tested it with higher graphics and it's looking really good!

I also tried updating my team art and now GPI browser won't launch!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy