HELP: Cars white in high tex mode and disappear!

Posted by airjimracing 
HELP: Cars white in high tex mode and disappear!
Date: April 11, 2014 03:49PM
Posted by: airjimracing
I installed the cars , set it to hi tex in the game and the cars are white and disappear in camera views.
Re: HELP: Cars white in high tex mode and disappear!
Date: April 11, 2014 04:04PM
Posted by: mortal
I'll make the assumption that this is not a mod and that you have inserted cars into a wad. If I recall correctly you are using a laptop with an on-board video card. In order to render the lods correctly, and for the draw distance to function as well, my guess is that you need to reduce the lods. There is info on how to do this in the FAQ.
There may be another solution, but right now I can't think of one. Maybe someone else has an idea on it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
whats the laptop spec, I found that editing graphics file solved mine
Nope, it's a desk top and it worked fine before. The thing is that I got a bug in it and had to get it reformatted.

It's a small AMD Athlon 64 3000 1.8g, 2g RAM, Nvidia Gforce 6200 256mb. This is what I did:

Downloaded GP4 patched from GP4Central and it worked fine.

Then I used wadupdater 3.4 and updated the cars. cockpits, tires and helmets in the cars.wad.

I configured the graphics to high and the cars are white and depending the camera view the cars disappear!

I never had this problem before. It's true that the lods are high but Excalibur's McLaren has lower lods and it's the same problem.

I get the impression that the graphics don't go to high mode. Could it be the gpxpatch?
Date: April 12, 2014 10:21AM
gpxpatch does not create issues with the graphics. I guess you would have to test a number of graphic config files and see if you can find one that works.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 12, 2014 10:37AM
Posted by: TomMK
Can you list the filenames of the car textures you added to cars.wad? Do they start with "hi_"?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
another thing is, if you used the standard cars wad and simply updated the cars without deleting the old files in the cars wad, then it can happen that the new cars can't be displayed correct. I would suggest to download the standard cars wad again, decompile it and update the cars manually by deleting the tex files of the original cars. Then recompile the cars wad and see if it works
Date: April 12, 2014 12:19PM
There's a clean wad in my files.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll give it a shot and let you know if it works.(Y)
Found the problem, it's the f1graphics.cfg.

I've downloaded 2, one speeds up the frames to over 40FPS, but the cars are always white and disappear,
the other is fine but with only 10 FPS.

What do I do?
change the FPS ingame from 40 to 25 and see what happens
It's a bit better 15FPS.
ok, does it works then?
I noticed that the "fast" f1graphics.cfg when on (first line set to 1) I have the problem with the white cars disappearing.

When I turn it off (first line set to 0) I see the cars well but no more than 15 FPS.
can you please upload the f1graphics?
Sure, here it is.

[www.mediafire.com]
can you test please?

[www51.zippyshare.com]
The cars are great but I'm getting 12 FPS MAX.
do you have a f1graphics.bak in your main gp4 folder? if so, please delete it and try again
Removed it but no changes. I notice that you fixed all the cars from being white and disappearing. Thanks

Unfortunately it's not speeding up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy