My Fantasy Cars

Posted by Slasher 
My Fantasy Cars
Date: February 17, 2014 06:34PM
Posted by: Slasher
Hello everyone.

Thought i would have a crack at painting, my first real efforts.

I have had a dabble before but it was quite pathetic really.

Anyway just one small problem if i may.

Two of the cars, namely the Dragon Racing and USF1 car were created using the same template,
therefore are going to have the same texture name, which would leave a problem inserting them
in the game.

How exactly do i go about changing the texture name of one of the cars?
Can i do that through Zmodeler or GP4 builder?

Anyway let me know what you think.

Re: My Fantasy Cars
Date: February 17, 2014 07:59PM
Posted by: quickslick
you can rename the textures in gp4 builder, if you open the shape in gp4 builder, click on tools and then rename textures. if you've finished, simply save the shapes and that's all
Re: My Fantasy Cars
Date: February 17, 2014 11:37PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
The cars looks good, nice work. But when renaming textures in GP4 Builder, don't forget to rename the textures five times for each car (five different files have to be renamed, lod 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4) because you'll get strange white cars in the game if you don't (I've already experienced that once). If you want to use also car 2 you have to rename further five other lods for car 2. Also make sure you have made a copy of the 10 GP4-files in a seperate folder so you can rename this ones to get it into the game. Not renaming the original ones has the advantage that you can use them again for another car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy