Help for a newbie, 2013 Mod v5

Posted by Libertin 
Help for a newbie, 2013 Mod v5
Date: January 21, 2014 01:42AM
Posted by: Libertin
I've never installed a mod for GP4 and couldnt either manage to get 2013 Mod v5 working correctly or to find a guide for this mod.
This is my installation routine:
GP4 fresh install
Patch 9.6
decrypted 1.02
GPX Patch
Zaz Tools
2013 Mod v5 (located in C:\games\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2013 Mod v5.0 by GP4 Central)

These are the problems which I am encountering:
-) Only 17 tracks are available and the track names dont match with the track characteristics, eg. Yas Marina is Monza, actually all "new tracks" are old tracks which exists since the original GP4
-) I cant handle black flags, sometimes my car gets slowly for no reason (not cutting the track) and it wont be able to accelerate again, even if one minute went by. Also ticking drive through penalty couldn't trigger it in game, even if provoking black flags on known areas like in Monza at the very first corner
-) if I am using visors, how can I clean them or strip the dirty visor off like the drivers do in reality?
-) is there any sound update available to simulate the V8 engines? The gpx Patch 3d and pseudo 3d sounds dont seem changed, I cant notice any difference.
-) After some changes in zaz tools, I was unintentionally able to repeatedly make a jump start many seconds ahead without any penalties! Where's the settings for this?

Also I have no clue about what a Gp4 tweaker is, therefore I need to know what "real time editing" does or better, you give me an useful link where the basics of tweaking and csm are explained.

-) What's a defpanel?
-) Slipstream effect doesn't seem to work at all?!

This mod and zaz tools are a really nice benefit for GP4 fans but they lack detailled explanations about how they work.
All help is appreciated!
Re: Help for a newbie, 2013 Mod v5
Date: January 21, 2014 02:37AM
Posted by: mortal
Read the GP4FAQ, there is useful information there.
You have not installed a track pack, that is why you have the default tracks. There is not yet a 2013 track pack.
You cannot clean visors.
You cannot make a jump start penalty.
Look in the downloads area for sound updates by Briere.
Real time editing makes changes in-game for that session only.
Slipstream effect is difficult to re-create.
defpanel is a definitions panel. Loaded into gpx_patch. It might be a pit-board, a hud, a timing display etc.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 21, 2014 03:03AM
Posted by: Libertin
Is there a 2012, 2011 etc track pack?
On GP4 central, no tracks were listed.

For Brians sounds he tells it works best with some certain 18000rpm physics mod. Is he referring to the mod I am using and does 2013 Mod v5 come with an overhauled physics mod?
Do I have to take further steps besides installing the mod and starting the game via zaz tools to get the supposed physics mod started?

You cannot clean visors.
Guess the dirt vanishes gradually then?

You cannot make a jump start penalty.
In GP4 without mods but by using gpx Patch, I am able to do a jump start and suffer a black flag instantly.
This has changed with this mod?

Slipstream effect is difficult to re-create.
Which means I should let it disabled?

defpanel is a definitions panel. Loaded into gpx_patch. It might be a pit-board, a hud, a timing display etc.
I will read the GP4FAQ and the gpxpatch FAQ carefully. All questions related to defpanel might get answered there.
Date: January 21, 2014 03:08AM
Posted by: Briere
Libertin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> -) is there any sound update available to simulate
> the V8 engines? The gpx Patch 3d and pseudo 3d
> sounds dont seem changed, I cant notice any
> difference.
>
Shameless plug ;) [www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 21, 2014 05:35AM
Posted by: TomMK
1) There are no tracks in the GP4 Central mods. You need to download tracks separately. I will make this more clear on the site and in the mods this year.

2) Black Flag behaviour is changable in the CSM "Mod's Configurables" menu. When you enable Drive Through penalties, you will not be slowed down when you cut a corner. Instead, you will receive a notice on screen that you have a drive through penalty (make sure you have enabled sky messages in GPxPatch). If you have problems with this feature, leave it at the default setting (Black Flags = On).

3) I think there is a key to wipe the visor clean, but I can't remember it. I'll try and find it.

4) Yes there are sound updates, see Briere's post above.

5) You say you made a change in the menu settings, but then ask where the menu settings are? I don't understand the question.

6) Defpanel is the name for the info that appears at the top of the screen (the coloured fonts that display position, revs, lap time etc). Turn it on/off in the GPxInfo tab.

7) Slipstream effect is only on the player car, it does not affect the AI. I have made the effect quite subtle in the GP4 Central mods, but it is there if you enable it.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: January 21, 2014 05:49AM
Posted by: mortal
The W key will clean the visor. Apparently.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 21, 2014 06:40PM
Posted by: Stoopid
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The W key will clean the visor. Apparently.

Really? I din't know that, even after all these years running GP4 I 'm still learning things about it :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: January 22, 2014 12:25AM
Posted by: Foreverk
Yes, the W cleans the visor, the key asigned to do this is in the file "keybind.ini" in the line "VisorDirtWipe= @VK_W"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy