CMS/TSM Crashes when clicking "Install Carset(track)/Update"

Posted by JasonJarvis1988 
It goes onto the documents folder then freezes, it's gotten to the point I have to install the CSM mod onto another PC then copy from the GPSAVES folder to my "Main" gaming PC. I check the Task Manager and my CPU goes crazy when this happens.

This happens everytime when I'm trying to click on the Install Carset/Update or do the same when on TSM it says install track. Everything else works find, just this happens every time.

I use a Windows 8 PC, using GP4 Central's GP4 which works well just the CSM/TSM hates my PC in regards to clicking to get to another path.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 06:17PM by JasonJarvis1988.
Why are you using the documents folder? Install Zaz Tools to Program Files, set compatibility to XP SP2, that might help. Turn off the CSM Update function.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
JasonJarvis1988
It goes onto the documents folder...

Don't understand this bit. What do you mean?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
I guess he means that when he wants to install a mod by the File menu in CSM it freezes when he gets into that folder.

It looks like it is related to administrative rights in win8. Right-click GP4 and CSM exes, go to properties, set "compatibility" to xp (as said mortal) and "run as" Administrator.

Mortal I'll try working it under Admin.

Tom when you open CSM and go "file, install carset/update" I click on that to find the Mod (or in TSM the trackpack) of choice, then as the window opens it crashes hard. I installed it via the 64x program files.
Yeh like the others I suspect Admin permission is required.

JasonJarvis1988 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mortal I'll try working it under Admin.
>
> Tom when you open CSM and go "file, install carset/update" I click on that to find the Mod (or in TSM the trackpack) of choice, then as the
> window opens it crashes hard. I installed it via the 64x program files.

Neither GP4 nor CSM are 64-bit applications, therefor they don't belong in the program files directory (reserved for 64-bit programs!). I suggest, you reinstall them in a new directory (C:\GP4 or something like that), then set compatibility mode xp3 and admin rights for GP4.exe and gpxpatch.exe and try again!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Yep. Gitanes is right. Didn't notice the x64 thing.

Eric/Gitanes I installed Zaz into the Program Folder not the (64x)Program Folder. Copied a fresh GP4 and pasted it into the same Program Folder.

It worked for one go, I tried it again then crash. I may reboot my PC. Everything was working fine then all of a sudden...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 02:21AM by JasonJarvis1988.
Try installing GP4 (the game itself I mean, not ZaZ Tools) into your Home directory. E.g. Something like C:\Users\Jason\Grand Prix 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy