GP4 help!

Posted by bazza_racer 
GP4 help!
Date: January 06, 2014 01:37PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
Hey guys!
I've not been here for a while. Was mainly known for modding GP3. however I've managed to get my hands on a copy of GP4.
My knowledge of modding this is tiny.
I've got all sorts of issues.
Firstly everytime I try to calibrate a controller, be it a joypad or my G25 I get a CTD... any ideas???
Secondly, I have NO idea how to install new mods. I've downloaded ZAZ tools but keep getting my anti virus program going crazy telling me there's a Trojan in there (I've read that this happens)
I'd quite like to play using the 1995 mod, which I've downloaded and followed instructions to open with CSM but it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something really stupid? (maybe I need an idiots guide to...)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Baz
Re: GP4 help!
Date: January 07, 2014 08:57AM
Posted by: mortal
First you have to add gp4.exe to the exception list of your anti-virus. That should solve that problem. If it does not, get a better program, or disable it when using GP4.
Have you installed the 9.6 patch? Is gpx_patch installed? Have you set gp4.exe to WinXP SP2 compatibility mode? Is gpx_patch set to enable debug mode and high? Click my sig....you know you want to, :-) there is a couple of G25 con files available for download. I have a G25, and it is relatively easy to setup, so I'm thinking there might be another problem somewhere else. As long as it shows up in the controllers menu in Windows it should be working. However you do need to create a new profile in the controllers setup in-game.
If GP4 loads beyond the menu, and then does a forced exit, or CTD, a log file will be created, post the log in a new topic, header gpx error log, so we can read it and attempt to determine the fault.
The downloaded mod, a cuh file, should unpack within CSM by default when you run it, if it does not unpack within CSM, the download is faulty. Once unpacked, select the mod, adjust any mod variables that may be available in the menu. Starting the mod will open gpx_patch, unless you have Quickstart enabled, and from there continue to GP4.
More questions, just ask. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 13, 2014 11:25AM
Posted by: Bouncebackability
Hi Baz, have you found a fix to the CTD on the calibrate page. I'm having the same issue.

The game runs perfectly but when I want to set up a controller (rumblepad 2 or logitech dfgt) I have to go the the calibration page where suddenly everything becomes incredibly slow to respond and CTD after about 10 seconds. It does record input from the controller but I can't get to the end to save it. So im stuck with a keyboard at the moment
Date: January 13, 2014 12:39PM
If there is a CTD, gpx_patch will output an error log, post it in a new topic. Enable debug and verbosity to high in gpx. It's possible that the v9.6 patch has not been installed as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 13, 2014 10:22PM
Posted by: Bouncebackability
Seems to have been solved although I haven't tested my wheel yet. I hadn't set it to start in xp compatibility. When I did this it all worked well. I can look forward to cracking the wheel out tomorrow!
Date: January 14, 2014 07:55AM
Lol. :-) That's a definete requirement. Post in a new topic if you have any other questions, and if your wheel is a g25, click my sig for a con file. :-)

Date: December 23, 2014 09:47PM
Posted by: kane2882
Hi, was just wondering if/how you fixed the ctd on calibration screen. Have tried everything posted in this thread and a hell of a lot more and no success
Date: December 23, 2014 09:56PM
A CTD should output a log file via gpx_patch. If you have one please post in a new topic, outline your circumstance and place gpx crash log in the topic header.
This topic was started by bazza and has been solved afaik.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy