Strange BHP differences

Posted by sobpd1 
Strange BHP differences
Date: May 05, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: sobpd1
Just started season 03 with updated cars,team art, R L`s updated tracks as and when available and using GP4Edit to change BHP levels for all teams to 03 levels (best guess anyway!) and confirmed changes to my car with GP4Physics editor, all this was done before the start of new 03 champ season or any free practice sessions.

GP4ed BHP -864 race/qual my car Jordan
GP4Physics ed. tells me i have 863 human race/qual power and 863 actual race/qual power. OK. Season starts finish Mel 4th out of fuel last lap next race Sep not my fav. finished 2nd, 2stops/1off but the performance of my car seemed exceptionaly fast? so i checked my saved game files with hofxlapw and for Mel i had 875 bhp? and for Sep i had a massive 884 bhp? Now nothing was changed at all during or inbetween these races or saves so why is there a BHP increase and difference between two tracks???
Re: Strange BHP differences
Date: May 05, 2003 06:53AM
Hello anyone there!
Date: May 05, 2003 07:19AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Hi
BHP values can be different modifying magic data ( for example: in some tracks, at ace level, there is 100% power, in some other not .)
Have You custom magic data in tracks? Maybe You set higher bhp value than 100% ?
Have set Gpxpatch to "team dependant" for car power?
And, what kind of Physic file are You using? If You have a value in the physic file, human player will get that value, and not that in perf text...So, many things have to considered.
Of course, too much power influences also fuel consumption...
Finally, I don't thing 864 bhp are realistic for a V 10 ord in Jordan
Consider also that bhp are not the same as CV ..1 CV : 735,7 = 1 bhp : 747,5. Therefore, 819 bhp, for example, are like about 830 CV.
Preparing realistic and good performances is not easy....when You get a new performances file, remember this...

nicol@cciarri
Date: May 05, 2003 09:26AM
I have no custom magic data in tracks as far as i know, they are Melbourne 03 and Sepang 03 org gp4 order by Ricardo Lampert.

GPxpatch is set with use team dependent power.

Original GP4 physics apart from changed BHP for all cars, changed with Marc Arts GP4ed.

Who knows what the true BHP`s are , based my figure`s on info from various F1 sites and mags and took a rough ave for each team eg. Williams BMW 890 bhp

Thanks PD1
Date: May 05, 2003 11:19AM
Posted by: marcl
i find it best not to mess with pysics setting i done that ages ago on GP3 and it totaly messed up the game.

I could even play the game as the ride height would not go high enough
Date: May 05, 2003 12:04PM
Posted by: Pirate
To me GP4 AI and all the car physics and behaviour is all over the place, You are on board a Williams or Maclaren and going down the home straight at Barca and the Minardi is going away from you! OR overtake and next bend or 2 they come flying past you on the inside! I was in a Ferrari at Monza a while back and put one of the Saubers in the gravel, about 2 laps later they are there behind me again! Okay yes get the GP edit out and adjust it but when you have team power etc dependent you should not have these things happen, Last time i mentioned this stuff on another forum some bright spark said I did not understand the game well enough! ?? I think GP3 was sightly better but had some quirks. So now i wait with eyes shut for the barrage of abuse which will surely come my way from GP4 Guru's but thats my opinion
Date: May 05, 2003 12:49PM
Posted by: belini
bhp has a random factor every time you leave the pits, all levels below pro give a lower bhp than the patched value.

http://www.belini.fsnet.co.uk

Date: May 05, 2003 02:29PM
Posted by: Caelen
ok i believe you are using "car power team dependent" either through gpx patch or some other hack. what this does is uses the magic data of the track modify your car power along with the cc's. ie by default some tracks have a "power factor ace" setting of 500 which i believe will give a power value the same as what is specified in the team power settings. By default Sepang has a value of 513, I think, which is why your HP is so High. Try Brazil That has a value of 490 something, check a save game youll find your hp to be 20-30 less than it should be.
Solution: dont use hp team dependent or
use cmagic to change the magic data , change the value of "power factor ace" to 500 for every track, If you wabt to do this then I can send toy the magic files as this is what ive done.
Date: May 06, 2003 05:16AM
Posted by: brettly
Could u send them to me Caelen? Im having different variables on this as well...have downloaded a few 'magic';(.DAT) files myself and they dont seem to be too consistent
BTW....im driving on A1-ring at the moment using semi-pro..
All other tracks on PRO....if that matters.

My email: dbracinginc@bigpond.com.au

CHEERS M8.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy