New X-Mas and new GP4Builder 1.912 XE

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: New X-Mas and new GP4Builder 1.912 XE
Date: January 20, 2014 12:02AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Small report here as well: when you want to create .gp4 mesh via the Track from .dat option, and you choose Pitlane, the program puts the first batch of sectors to the Last: box too. (So it reads "First: Sectors 0 to 9" and "End: Sectors 0 to 9" and it only creates sectors 0 to 9, if I don't change it manually. If you choose to create the Track mesh itself, it puts the last batch of sectors in the Last: box as usual.)
Date: January 20, 2014 09:55AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Yep, I noticed it also. Only forgot to report it.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 20, 2014 10:52AM
Posted by: Lo2k
@PrBlanco & Atticus : Thanks for these first reports, I will fix this asap for a next version

Date: January 20, 2014 11:34AM
Posted by: rracunis
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @PrBlanco & Atticus : Thanks for these first
> reports, I will fix this asap for a next version

You're a gentleman(Y)
Date: January 20, 2014 01:35PM
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @PrBlanco & Atticus : Thanks for these first
> reports, I will fix this asap for a next version

Thank you. :-)
Date: January 20, 2014 07:17PM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
.. Just click the last sector, (which is last sector), and appear a complete pitlane....... :-)

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: January 22, 2014 11:59AM
Laurent, please, have a look on the "CTD after modifying track" topic, TomMK and me had CTD issues after clicking on "Drive" for some reason when we modified and saved a .dat file. It's not a general problem, it only popped up once for me and once for TomMK and it just suddenly happened. I mean we have successful saves and working files in general, these two were exceptions occuring at a seemingly random time - but they did corrupted the files somewhat in that we couldn't use them after this, they always caused a CTD.

You can find further details in the mentioned topic.
Date: January 23, 2014 01:36AM
Posted by: TomMK
For me it was editing a CC line (that was the only change). I will try to replicate it and send you the good and bad .dat files.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: January 23, 2014 06:01PM
It's related to the Magic data section. Probably a mistake on some final structure flag... I will check this asap

Date: January 23, 2014 10:13PM
Posted by: TomMK
It happened in v1.841 as well though. Same problem, changing the cc line corrupted the dat

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: January 24, 2014 04:18AM
Now that I remember, my inability to save it correctly came right after I inserted the magic data. That save was OK and the next one went wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2014 04:18AM by Atticus..
Date: January 24, 2014 01:03PM
@Atticus : something looks wrong with the magic data file in your .dat. What tool did you used to get it and then to import it in the .dat ?

@TomMK : if you have a before/after .dat for this problem, I would be interested to check them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2014 02:29PM by Lo2k.
Date: January 24, 2014 04:34PM
CMagic as usual. 1.02. Although I did use a personal cmagic4.ini; I always do so without problems - but I think this was the first time I inserted one in a .dat edited with 1.912 XE.
Date: January 24, 2014 08:41PM
Hmm, can you send me the .md3 file you used then ? I would like to check something... (it was extracted from another track ?)

Date: January 25, 2014 02:02PM
Hmm, it's weird.
In your corrupted .dat, the last bump table value is missing and ending structure flag is corrupted.
But removing magic data from from corrupted file and inserting the .md3 gives a working .dat with a proper structure flag. Only the last bump table line (sector and value) are removed because afaik bump table couldn't have more than 14 lines... but everything's ok.

I don't know what happened. I guess there was already some magic data in your .dat before you imported the .md3 because in 1.912XE you can't insert magic data if no magic data is already present.
Maybe the past magic data was improperly overwritten... weird.

Date: January 25, 2014 06:05PM
Well, first of all, thanks for the time and effort you put into investigating and explaining the source of the problem. :-)

It is indeed very strange as I used the original Silverstone track as a base and as we know it, the original .dats don't have any magic data in them. So what happened was basically a faulty magic data insertion, which is also weird as I didn't do anything different compared to other occasions.

Thanks again.
Date: March 20, 2014 11:47PM
Posted by: drt01
Hi Laurent,

i can't find the edit command Invert Normal. Did you remove from edit menu? How is it possible to do that with 1.912 builder?
thanks

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Date: March 21, 2014 12:22AM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Thanks Laurent for this latest update :-)
I'm still using this tool after so many years :-) Keep up the great work buddy :)

Date: March 21, 2014 04:16PM
@drt01 : it's called "Invert Face Orientation" and it does both inverting normals and face order (both had to be done BTW each time you inverted normals if you wanted to see the changes in game so I melt both in one"

@Flash Formula : Thanks mate, it's a pleasure to know some people are still using this tool after all this time :)

Date: March 22, 2014 10:11PM
Posted by: drt01
Thanks, it's work well(Y)

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy