Graphics Card adive and processor

Posted by GP_maniac 
Graphics Card adive and processor
Date: March 22, 2014 10:43PM
Posted by: GP_maniac
Hi

Just wanted to get in to updating this game to its full extent after looking at the quality of work on display.

For optimal results I just wanted some advice on what bits of kit are the best, graphics card to use, processor etc.

It is not a very good option but I am at the moment running a Samsung Electronics Laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 - 3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz with 6GB ram

64bit operating system (windows 8)

Intel HD Graphics 4000, built in chipset

All responses gladly welcome
Thanks in advance
Re: Graphics Card adive and processor
Date: March 23, 2014 12:20AM
Posted by: mortal
It all comes down to budget. Building your own is the cheapest option. Use build a pc to source your parts. The site will check compatibility. An i5 processor is fine. Everyone has their own opinion on graphics card. I've always bought AMD, currently running a Sapphire Radeon HD7770 2GB in my simulator comp and a SR HD7750 1GB in this comp I'm using now. The display is a 42" LED TV at 1920x1080. The biggest part of the spend will be on the Graphics card. Get a 750w PSU and 4GB of ram in one stick so you can add another 4GB later when you're flush with funds. Tower or Low Profile Mini-atx? Depends on how much room you have, both have their pro's and cons. Never built a pc before? There's plenty of sites with loads of info, and having built four myself, I can tell you it's rewarding when it boots up. :-) The best part, you know exactly what's in it, and you're guaranteed to learn something along the way. The easy way is to buy off the shelf, but it always costs more. By shopping around, comparing prices, you'll get more bang for your buck.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 23, 2014 12:26AM
so basically I can do nothing with my laptop

just trying to build up the funds for building my own
Date: March 23, 2014 01:39AM
No, unless you had pots of money and bought a gaming laptop to start with. An on-board Intel graphics processor is pants, to put it mildly. There are some users here with dual graphics processors in their laptops. So the laptop has switchable graphics to save on battery power. However there's been reports of difficulty getting GP4 to run or actually see the option in the graphics menu. Anyway, that's not to say it won't run GP4, you'll have to test it. The only thing you can do with the majority of lappies is change the HDD. Due to the exponential rise of technology, laptops can go out of date quite quickly, when you see how many newer and more powerful models keep appearing on the market, whereas a desktop is easily upgradeable.
I would sell the laptop, build a mini-atx gaming rig, wifi on-board the mobo. HDMI out on the graphics, that way it can be used on any tv in the house and it's small enough to move around. Wireless mouse and keyboard. Build cost, approx $800 Aus. Unless of course you travel a lot or currently study and really need a lap-top.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 23, 2014 01:47AM
Not a bad shout, but not too sure how much I can get for my laptop. It was a purchase I did not think about when I got it.

I am waiting to get my hands on a dell low profile tower from work as they are about to do upgrades and will have defunked kit.

No issues with studying etc, I used to play gp4 ages ago and just want to get back into it.

Where is the best place to look for parts, uk priced.

Whats the minimum you need to run a top of the line graphics card for gp4
Date: March 23, 2014 03:34AM
See my first post, the parts picker site. It will know your location by your ip address. If you're lucky, you can upgrade the dell mobo to a 3.2ghz CPU, add some extra ram, 4GB minimum, and to run a decent GPU you need a minimum 650W PSU. Most cards are available with a low-profile bracket. Take a look at one of the Dell towers and see what is in it, send me a pm on the mobo type and check the psu rating. Take a pic of the internals, would be good to know how many peripherals slots it has. Whether or not it is SATA etc. If yop0u get a case, psu, hdd etc. for nix, then you can lash out on a good card. It all comes down to your budget. What you have to do is research within your price range. Read the reviews, look at the benchmarks, then you can make an informed decision. :-) Take a look at build a pc.

Date: March 23, 2014 02:14PM
Thanks for all the advice.

I will get back to you once I know more about what I am starting with and where I can improve.

Need to wait to see what kit I get from work to start with.

Cheere
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy