Should I?

Posted by Lazhil 
Should I?
Date: May 04, 2003 12:50PM
Posted by: Lazhil
Guys, I have a question:
I've compiled IMO the best cars and carshapes of the 2003 season and I have a 2003 carset. I still need to find a way to update the pitcrews without crashing the game after the anim.wad is updated.
I'd like to share it but I downloaded so many files from each car that I have no clue who's the author of all the cars I've compiled in the carset. Do you think I could make it available and leave a note to the authors asking them to e-mail me so they can get credit for their job? Or, ya'll think I should just forget about it and that's it.
It's a simple one, it has all cars and helmets. They are in the same order as the original carset, but hell it's a 2003 I can play with. So I was just wondering about that...as ya'll can see, I'm new here...I try to paint cars, usually based on another, so I'm a real amateur compared to all of you.
Please note that, I HAVE NOT distributed this carset to anybody as I don't know how the authors would feel about that. It's for my personal use only.
Also, why the hell does anim.wad makes the game crash after it's updated using WadInstaller, Carset Creator 4 or GPMaster??? I want to update the pitcrews but it always crashes!

Well, I'm glad I found this forum here. I bet I can get lots of help from ya'll and have fun with GP4.
Re: Should I?
Date: May 04, 2003 01:10PM
Posted by: Vader
Though I have no answer for your questions, I would like to welcome you here, Lazhil.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 04, 2003 01:14PM
Posted by: tax dodger
sorry i cant help, but i hope you can make your set available, it sounds like you've put together a good set, i've been trying to do the same thing, but struggling

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: May 04, 2003 01:16PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.
I'm still trying to figure out what does GPxPack does, and stuff like that...I'm still shaping my GP4 game but I'm avoiding any patch or update that would mess up my carset because I dont have the skills yet to fix major problems between patches and carsets.
But thanks, I believe I can learn a lot from you guys.
Date: May 04, 2003 01:41PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
You can make your set available but i dont know if one of the authors dont like it.

I dont realy think that it is a problem to find the authors and ask for permission. (There aren't a lot... ;) )

Its easy to update the anim pitcrews. Simple do that with gp4master - extract the anim. Load the tex files and replace them with correct one.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: May 04, 2003 01:46PM
see, that's the problem...I do that but the game crashes after I update the anim.wad file...whenever I'm loading a track it crashes...I may get a error window message from windows or I may get stuck on that screen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy