"Newb" I want to create a public mod, how should I go about making the cars? (tips, DL Links ect)

Posted by JasonJarvis1988 
Hi! I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw so that I've decided to create a public mod from scratch I'd certainly need your peoples tips, help even DL links.

I see so many great mods out there around the 80s and 90s but I want to create one which has alluded me and it's the 1990 season, I want to create one just to say "I've created a decent classic mod". I downloaded Zmodeler2 from their site and from GP4DB I got a template of a 1988 Lotus shown below:

1. Is editing a 1988 car for a 1990 season a rational decision?
2. If this works should I give credit to the people(s) who created this template?
3. How should I go about editing this car?

I've read the GP4FAQ but my concentration span is terrible, any step by step help would be much appreciated as I'd be happy to spend time creating this as I've done all my module work for uni and now is basically sit on your hands till January with an amount of alcohol thrown in :).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 03:03PM by JasonJarvis1988.
1- could be an option, or other one is to download the 1991 mod for there [www.gp4db.com] and modify the 1991 car to 1990 (i think they were more similar than the 1988 cars ;) ), or try to convert the cars from other game like rfactor (i see that there is a 1990 mod forrfactor that can be converted)

2- take a look at the new permission policy: (http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,1010656)"* FILE(S) that has been released in public by the author but getting used as BASE or MODIFIED then PERMISSION to use/release is still a MUST to ask cause you used the file to change/modify if not you are LEECHING !!!"

3-you want to modify the shape or to "repaint" the car with 1990 style? =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy